Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now being retired I would like to rent myself and tlb out for hire on small jobs. Just don't know how much to charge. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
7,701 Posts
Now being retired I would like to rent myself and tlb out for hire on small jobs. Just don't know how much to charge. Any ideas?
I paid $75/hr for a full size backhoe & operator with a 4hr minimum. Since your tractor is a lot smaller, I'd say $50/hr.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,414 Posts
I paid $75/hr for a full size backhoe & operator with a 4hr minimum. Since your tractor is a lot smaller, I'd say $50/hr.
And NOT RPM (hour meter) Hours!

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
You may have better luck asking that question in its own thread. I can move your post into a thread of its own if you'd like. :)

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I hate to bring it up, but something I'm always leery of working for others is "What IF?" and that "insurance thing"... Your results may vary... I'd want a written release if working for someone I didn't know on a close first name basis.

(This attitude is the result of living in The People's Republic of New York" all these years...)

·
Registered
313 Posts
I hate to bring it up, but something I'm always leery of working for others is "What IF?" and that "insurance thing"... Your results may vary... I'd want a written release if working for someone I didn't know on a close first name basis.

(This attitude is the result of living in The People's Republic of New York" all these years...)
It's always a good idea to carry liability insurance. I had a lawn care business many years ago. I've thrown a rock through a window, chopped cable TV and Phone lines up with an aerator - yes - an aerator pulling 3" plugs. Never had to file a claim though. Fixed the window myself and the cable and phone companies were responsible because they laid their cable under the sod instead of burying it right. But all it takes is a bucket loader into the side of a house, or into a fence etc to eat up a lot of profit and then some.

All that said, I think it's still worth it if you would enjoy it. You can make some pretty good coin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts