Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
17,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arghhh...Its been one of those days :flag_of_truce:

I just bought/received a new Yuasa battery for my Motorcycle since mine has been getting weak and I'm heading to Americade soon for a week long trip. So I put the battery on the shelf in the garage and started activating it with the acid container, then came in for dinner. I went out to put it on a slow charge and found the battery in a huge puddle of liquid...which turned out to be the acid

Further inspection revealed the case is cracked, so the acid is leaking out, now what? I guess I'll call the vendor who sold it to me and see what they say...

Batt-1.JPG Batt-2.JPG

·
Administrator
17,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, shipping damage, it was cracked on the bottom-most likely dropped by UPS somewhere in transit. It was in a larger box with other goodies, this was the only thing damaged.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,396 Posts
Send the pictures to them, pictures always help. Hope they replace it, those little suckers ain't cheap.

·
Registered
11,882 Posts
Send the pictures to them, pictures always help. Hope they replace it, those little suckers ain't cheap.
A friend of mine told me last week that "pictures are the cheapest lawyer you can have".

·
Administrator
17,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A new battery is on the way, no trouble at all with the vendor.

·
Administrator
17,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did they request the other one back?
Its hazardous material now since it's been activated, so no it really can't be shipped now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts