Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 1025R with the 54" auto connect MMM, I use the manual lift system for the mower...the one that uses the 3 pt hitch lifting mechanism to lift the mower. Now that winter is here I have removed the mower and added a 6' rear blade (iMatch) to help in snow removal. I used the mower hieght adjusting knob to lift the mower lift frame as high as I can so that it doesn't get in the way when plowing. Is this the right thing to do or should I remove the lift/auto connect system for the winter?
Any help will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
13,889 Posts
Simply set your height control for the MMM to the highest setting, that keeps all that expensive auto connect hardware up when you lower the 3 point.

Reactions: Superglidesport

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought that raising the mower mechanism to its highest point would do the trick. I just wanted to be sure.
Thanks for the help.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
312 Posts
I take my mmm lift mechanism off every year. Its really easy to do. Plus it gives you the chance to clean it up and lube n grease the fittings. Just put all the pins back in it the exact way you take off this way you know which way they go back on. Maybe a 2-3 min job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
On my 2015 1025 there is a lock setting for keeping the mmm hardware locked up against the frame while letting you use the 3 pt lever and lowering the hitch without having to worry about the mmm hardware dropping down and getting damaged on something.

Does the new 2018 not have that option?

Reactions: PJR832

·
Premium Member
13,889 Posts
On my 2015 1025 there is a lock setting for keeping the mmm hardware locked up against the frame while letting you use the 3 pt lever and lowering the hitch without having to worry about the mmm hardware dropping down and getting damaged on something.

Does the new 2018 not have that option?
No, they took that feature away, but just setting the height control to the highest setting does the same thing. I still miss that little picture of a lock on the dial though.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I take my mmm lift mechanism off every year. Its really easy to do. Plus it gives you the chance to clean it up and lube n grease the fittings. Just put all the pins back in it the exact way you take off this way you know which way they go back on. Maybe a 2-3 min job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do the same with my X739, very easy to take it off for maintenance and keep it clean and dry during the winter.

·
Registered
222 Posts
If you’re using the snowblower or the brush, (anything that needs the front PTO) you have to remove the autoconnect to join up the front PTO driveshaft. When doing that, I just set the deck height ( 2018 1025r) to the highest setting. I keep a ballast box on my 3ph, so I only use the height control to raise and lower when I start / stop. That being said, setting the deck heigh to highest is what my dealer told me to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts