Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Love my Mauser cab on my 18 1025R, but now I've got this big ol ROPS hanging out with me in the shop everyday. Any ideas what the heck I can do with it? Its not like theres a big market for these!!! Maybe I can make something out of it, I dunno! Ideas?

If you have a cab what did you do with your ROPS????

Steve

·
Premium Member
10,684 Posts
Love my Mauser cab on my 18 1025R, but now I've got this big ol ROPS hanging out with me in the shop everyday. Any ideas what the heck I can do with it? Its not like theres a big market for these!!! Maybe I can make something out of it, I dunno! Ideas?

If you have a cab what did you do with your ROPS????

Steve
Actually, there is more of a market than you might imagine. There have been several advertised for sale and they all sold quickly.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Actually, there is more of a market than you might imagine. There have been several advertised for sale and they all sold quickly.
No kidding? I figured that anyone needing one already had one! Its not like these things get damaged very often. I hope not anyway!

I hadn't checked the classifieds on here so thought I'd look there after seeing your response. Sure enough someone is looking for one! Maybe I can help him out!

Many thanks, Steve

·
Premium Member
10,684 Posts
No kidding? I figured that anyone needing one already had one! Its not like these things get damaged very often. I hope not anyway!
I think a lot of guys buy a second one so they can cut it and make a shorter top section and other mods. That way if and when they sell their tractor they can put the original ROPS back on and not take the hit on resale value.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think a lot of guys buy a second one so they can cut it and make a shorter top section and other mods. That way if and when they sell their tractor they can put the original ROPS back on and not take the hit on resale value.
HHHMMM. Hadn't thought of that. Interesting, Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,427 Posts
Guy I know with a 1023e wanted to remove his, but it looks like lower section has brackets for the fenders and tow bar hole.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I sold mine on Craigslist for$150.

·
Registered
12,244 Posts
$150 for a $700 ROPS, someone got the deal of the day on that. I'm not saying you have to charge as much as a dealer, but you don't have to give it away either.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I would keep it. If you ever want to add a backhoe I think you need to remove the cab. I could be wrong though. But if so it would lower resale value if you don't have it more than you will get for it.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I sold two Rops systems from my tractors to GTT members. The lights alone are worth $160. Some guys are buying them to modify, replacing their forward leaning system, leaving them with the original unmodified one for resale value, when it's time to sell.

Advertise them right here in the "Swap Meet" thread.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I sold two Rops systems from my tractors to GTT members. The lights alone are worth $160. Some guys are buying them to modify, replacing their forward leaning system, leaving them with the original unmodified one for resale value, when it's time to sell.

Advertise them right here in the "Swap Meet" thread.
Thanks for everyones advice/help. I just posted it in the SWAP MEET for $200--I think that's a fair price if they are $700 from Deere

1 - 12 of 12 Posts