Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wellllllllll
I have a new 1025R coming this week (I hope) and after reading GTT and the various issues other Green people are having, I was wondering if anyone has a list of things I should be inspecting when my new toy is delivered?
I'm starting out with a FEL (H120), 47" Snow Blower, Chains for the back tires (I have a steep drive) and a Ballast Box.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Wellllllllll
I have a new 1025R coming this week (I hope) and after reading GTT and the various issues other Green people are having, I was wondering if anyone has a list of things I should be inspecting when my new toy is delivered?
I'm starting out with a FEL (H120), 47" Snow Blower, Chains for the back tires (I have a steep drive) and a Ballast Box.
Good luck with your new tractor! Based on what you getting, I would make sure the FEL does not have floppy bucket syndrome. Make sure the snowblower and FEL have been serviced/lubed etc. My dealer spent some time with me showing me how to attach/detach implements. Reading the owner's manuals may help you come up with other questions. Have fun!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Be sure you talk with them beforehand and schedule a full inspection and setup training. Don't skip anything. I did and I regret it. Getting the snowblower on and off is a little more detailed process than pulling the FEL on/off. I don't have one, but have read a lot about them.

Be sure and install chains and drive around to inspect clearance issues.

·
Registered
517 Posts
check the hood fitment.. When I got my 1023 I didn't notice till the next day that the hood was not straight and it drove me insane trying to figure it out!.. Stand back 6 or 7 feet from the front and look to see if edge's of the hood are covering one headlight more than the other.. It turned out to be the brace under the hood that was not adjusted correctly.. Even the dealer couldn't quite explain how to correct it. I had to play with it quite a bit myself to get it proper.. We looked at a 1025 on their lot and it was the same.. Its one of those things that you might not notice at a glance but looks awful once you know its there.. Another way to see if its out of alignment is if there is a big gap on one side of the hood or the other where the hood meets the side panels.. Just trying to think of things I've seen in previous posts.. I seem to recall reading as well that a couple of 1025 or 26 guys had a lot of "up/down/in/out" play in their steering wheels.. Can't remember if it was related to the tilt mechanism or not.. Just another thing to check that you might not notice right away.. Beyond that.. Try the RIO function.. If it fails.. Give the dealer a thumbs up!.. That's a joke of course.. But not really.. I wish mine didn't work!.. I still have to do the override mod.. The damn thing still gets me at least twice ever cut!..ha!

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Ask a lot of questions. Make sure you totally understand your machine and attachments before they leave. If you have a wife and if she is anything like mine have her look over everything. My wife spent half a hour last night looking over out new kitchen cabinets. We will be getting 2 new boxes, 5 doors and 3 shelves to replace ones that were flawed. Delivery day is your day to make sure the machine meets your expectations so don't wast it. Congratulations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
Check your tires well. My one front tire had a slice in the side wall.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Play around with the light switch a few times to make sure it works right. Start it cold and see how long it takes to cough out. Usually 10-15 seconds is normal, any longer and you may have a glow plug or timing needs adjustments. Check the level indicator for the loader, as mine was way off (easy adjustment).

That's all I have off the top of my head.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Make sure when you turn the front wheels all the way to the left that the left front tire doesn't rub on the hydraulic hose for the steering cylinder. Also make sure tire doesn't hit the port on the steering cylinder.

Check the transmission fill cap. It should have a metal riser on it plus a black cap. Mine didn't and I'm trying to get the product improvement kit from Deere to fix it but having no luck without buying the parts.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,629 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
.....Check the transmission fill cap. It should have a metal riser on it plus a black cap. Mine didn't and I'm trying to get the product improvement kit from Deere to fix it but having no luck without buying the parts.
Cheesetrain, Happen to have a pic? I took a quick look and did't see the riser/cap you describe. Thanks.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,629 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Cheesetrain, Happen to have a pic? I took a quick look and did't see the riser/cap you describe. Thanks.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415191067.318482.jpg

Flip the seat forward. It should be right there.

·
Administrator
20,464 Posts
The new tractors have a different bracket and transmission casting. You probably won't have the riser on a new one.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
The new tractors have a different bracket and transmission casting. You probably won't have the riser on a new one.
Define new? My tractor was delivered in June and was a new one, meaning I am first owner. Yet the serial number puts it as a 2013 model according to dealer.

·
Administrator
20,464 Posts
Define new? My tractor was delivered in June and was a new one, meaning I am first owner. Yet the serial number puts it as a 2013 model according to dealer.

I can't find the thread right now, but there's lots of pictures showing the earlier 1 series vs the new. The castings and bracket were redesigned to allow water to drain away from the fill cap. Only the older casting design needed the riser to keep the water out.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I can't find the thread right now, but there's lots of pictures showing the earlier 1 series vs the new. The castings and bracket were redesigned to allow water to drain away from the fill cap. Only the older casting design needed the riser to keep the water out.
Did not know that. Thanks. Let us know when you find the thread.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts