Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to go fetch my new x720 this afternoon and I realized I haven't given the tractor a name. I need a name the depicks the strength of the tractor but yet the refinement too. A name that came to mind is "Big Boned Lady". Kind of covers it all.:laugh:

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
:lol: HUH.... Big boned lady and refined in the same sentence :lol:

I would call it relief. I am sure you are relived that you do not have to mow with a push mower anymore.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I am getting ready to go fetch my new x720 this afternoon and I realized I haven't given the tractor a name. I need a name the depicks the strength of the tractor but yet the refinement too. A name that came to mind is "Big Boned Lady". Kind of covers it all.:laugh:
How about Margret? after Margret Thatcher. You won't find a tougher more refined lady than that.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After talking to a lot of different people who thought that I am nuts, I came up with Big Bad John. I have made up a sticker with the John Deere deer with the lettering Big Bad John. It will replace the sticker that was placed by the dealership. I am thinking about making one up for my brother's 318, Grandpa Deere.

·
Registered
554 Posts
After talking to a lot of different people who thought that I am nuts, I came up with Big Bad John. I have made up a sticker with the John Deere deer with the lettering Big Bad John. It will replace the sticker that was placed by the dealership. I am thinking about making one up for my brother's 318, Grandpa Deere.
The 318 would be Little John....:mocking::drinks:

·
Registered
490 Posts
I call my 317 "The Deere" and my L118 "the lawn mower". You can tell I am very creative with names. :lol:

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I call mine "Big Johnny" and "Little Johnny" I'm not sure what I'll do when I get a 5000 series:pray:

·
Administrator
20,468 Posts
We need some pics mjncad! :drinks:

·
Registered
11 Posts
My X320 was named Faline. My X485SE is named The Great Prince of the Garden (GPotG). I call him Prince.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
My GX335 is just plain "Johnny". Now "Johnny" has a "Johnny Bucket" which makes everything confusing...

I used to call my Gravely "L"s "Gee" and "Haw" for the positions they lived in on my flatbed truck. I also had a small Sear's ride-on once I called "Every Name In the Book".

·
Registered
714 Posts
Babe.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I call my X748 "Big Greene" -- spelling "green" with a trailing e like Deere.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
"Baaaabe"?

Hey, I thought that "Babe" was a BLUE loggin' ox? And the other "Babe" was a white pig that wanted to be a brown and black sheep dog... I am cornfused. (LOVE the tractor though!!!!) :thumbup1gif:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts