Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up a used 2012 X300. Here is sonny boy getting ready to test drive it

Mower.JPG

The seller could not find his Owners Manual , so I looked online for it. Here is the listing of manuals available on johndeere.com that I can see:

JD-Manuals.JPG

I've got an X300 with a Serial Number of 203417

JD-FrameSN.JPG

And, it has the FS541V Kawasaki engine

Kawa-Engine-Barcode.JPG

Did I end up with an export model, right here not 50 miles away from the John Deere plant in Horicon?
More importantly, does anyone know where can I download the online manual?

Thank you,

Cheese

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,372 Posts
That's an odd engine combination. I'm not that familiar with the variations in export models.

You cannot download the operator's manual from the JD site. You can view it on-line via your browser but if you want a hard copy or electronic copy you will need to purchase it from JD.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here's the link to the FS541 powered X300

omm163031_H0
Thanks for the link.
Still curious if this is an export model. I bought a maintenance kit for this model x300, which is Home Maintenance Kit LG265, and it includes oil filter AM125424 which is too wide for this engine at 3". The air filter and plugs do fit, and work.
The oil filter included in Home Maintenance Kit LG256 is AM107423 and it fits perfectly.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Not an export. Serial number break and engine model dictate the correct maint kit.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Generally export models are not sold in the states. Someone usually has to bring one back into the country for it to be here.

The last bike shop that I worked for. The prior owner got into trouble with H-D for selling domestic bikes over the boarder. From what I understand he was forced to sell the franchise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not an export. Serial number break and engine model dictate the correct maint kit.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
Right, so for an FS541V with S/N203417 I need maint kit LG265, which includes the AM125424 oil filter. However, mine takes the AM107423 filter as you can see in the video I took:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts