Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 1891 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, What Did You DO In Your Shop Today??

OK, for me mowing and gardening season is over,,, I get to spend some QUALITY time in the shop.

Those projects that have been nagging me were left on the back burner because the weather was so nice.
My propane heaters are set up,,, I am ready to start some projects.

A couple weeks ago, I needed to drill some larger holes, so I finally ran power to the drill press.

Today, I ran power to the Jet 9x16 saw,, IT IS ALIVE!! :thumbup1gif:
I really missed the Jet saw, I have been making do with a Milwaukee Porta-Band.

So,,, what did you do in the shop,,, Today,,, ? :dunno:

·
Registered
11,678 Posts
cadplans; well show us some builds, so we can view them, I like coaltrain like to follow along on them. I have a wonderful bi garage, but the only way to heat it, is by wood and coal, and with 16ft rafters , well u know where all the heat goess too. and since this stupid artihits hit, I depise the cold weather even more. ok-enough of me start building-ha. big jim

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the old age aches,,, also,,, but, I just go to the shop, then suffer later,,, :laugh:

I picked up this RFM a couple weeks ago,,, it is all in primer,,, now,,,

Well,, not quite all... that mower had a LOT of parts,,
one time I dis-assembled an Ariens rear engine mower for tweaking and paint,,
I swear this mower has more parts,,, :dunno:

I was going to build a three point hitch drawbar, and I drilled some 1" holes in a 1x3X20 steel bar,
but, now I have decided I instead need to simply make a 2" receiver hitch for the drawbar.

I found a piece of 2 1/2 inch square tube,,, so I needed the saw,,, that should be built tomorrow.

Yesterday, I also spent some time cleaning off this 6x6 foot workbench,,,

I am going to put the RFM on it,,, then add 2 outboard front rollers, or wheels, to the mower,
I have not decided,,, yet,,,I have two rollers,,, I have two 9" pneumatic tires,,,, Hmmmmm,,,

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I'll enjoy this Thread:thumbup1gif:. Yesterday I swept out. Put some of my hunting stuff away from trip this week. Will post stuff I do in the future. Will be out there some today.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Built a 3x7 raised bed garden box for my daughter, will deliver on Thanksgiving....

·
Registered
503 Posts
I'm still organizing my new shop but I picked up a storage cabinet at Habitat for Humanity Restore. Put it in the shop last night and now I have to figure out what to put in it.

·
Registered
21,210 Posts
Great thread! While my shop is nothing like most have - 100 year old barn with wood plank floors - it is great for me to go out there to sit and tinker with stuff. I put my kerosene fired torpedo heater in the shop section for this winter which will really help as it will warm it up within 10 minutes or so.

IMGK4229.JPG

And the other larger section:

IMGK4234.JPG

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
While my shop is nothing like most have - 100 year old barn with wood plank floors
I don't know Stan, it looks a lot like heaven to me. :thumbup1gif:

·
Super Moderator
4,845 Posts
I'm still organizing my new shop but I picked up a storage cabinet at Habitat for Humanity Restore. Put it in the shop last night and now I have to figure out what to put in it.

That cabinet would be perfect for storing the portable power tools. Pick a cube and stuff the circular saw in there along with all the spare blades. Another cube for the drill, another for the belt sander, etc...

I have all mine in individual storage boxes but a wall of those cabinets would be a beautiful thing! :good2:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,731 Posts
I don't know Stan, it looks a lot like heaven to me. :thumbup1gif:
I was thinking the same thing. I'd be right at home with that.

·
Premium Member
7,450 Posts
Great thread! While my shop is nothing like most have - 100 year old barn with wood plank floors - it is great for me to go out there to sit and tinker with stuff. I put my kerosene fired torpedo heater in the shop section for this winter which will really help as it will warm it up within 10 minutes or so.

View attachment 86833

View attachment 86841
Beats cold cement floors any day :bigthumb: Is that door a "dutch" door? I've always wanted one.

·
Registered
21,210 Posts
Beats cold cement floors any day :bigthumb: Is that door a "dutch" door? I've always wanted one.
Beats working outside on stuff even more!

No dutch door.

It used to be a carrige (repair) house back in the day. The section I made into a shop was the office.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Since snow in forecast for Saturday thought I better get things moved around. I have a sliding door in back that don't seal the best so I always close it off for the winter. Zturn put away,snowmobiles out, daughter' quad put away. 790's fel plow out and ready. Real windy here today so good day to get it done. First photo is after I was done moving around I have everything parked in its place for the winter. Tomorrow I'll bring in 3 pt blower and get it ready and park it behind the 4010 in case it's needed this winter. :kidw_truck_smiley:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tomorrow I'll bring in 3 pt blower and get it ready and park it behind the 4010 in case it's needed this winter. :kidw_truck_smiley:
When you said 4010,,, you meant 4010,,, not a 4010,,, :laugh:

I thought you meant a;

Enjoy the :plowsnow: , we will stick with the 70 degree temps we had today,,, :flag_of_truce:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
When you said 4010,,, you meant 4010,,, not a 4010,,, :laugh:

I thought you meant a;

Enjoy the :plowsnow: , we will stick with the 70 degree temps we had today,,, :flag_of_truce:
:lol: oops sorry the older 4010. 7' blower goes on that when it gets real bad, we get a lot of drifts here due to open fields. Love to play in the winter ****Let it Snow**** Let it :snow:. Love to :plowsnow:

·
Premium Member
10,711 Posts
:lol: oops sorry the older 4010. 7' blower goes on that when it gets real bad, we get a lot of drifts here due to open fields. Love to play in the winter ****Let it Snow**** Let it :snow:. Love to :plowsnow:
Did someone say 4010?

4010.jpg

·
Registered
503 Posts
That cabinet would be perfect for storing the portable power tools. Pick a cube and stuff the circular saw in there along with all the spare blades. Another cube for the drill, another for the belt sander, etc...

I have all mine in individual storage boxes but a wall of those cabinets would be a beautiful thing! :good2:
Jim, I like that idea. I have a bunch of Milwaukee tools and have been thinking that I need a place to keep them. Power tool heaven.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A little painting today,,, about 1/3 of these parts,,,

It is hard to believe, other than the three 42 pound weights,,,
ALL of those parts on that 4X8 trailer go into a 48" mower,, :dunno:

Here is the saw I got running yesterday,,,

The temperature is supposed to drop about 15 degrees tomorrow, so,
it might be an inside day,,, :flag_of_truce:

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts

View attachment 86833

View attachment 86841
A space like that Stan is the envy of many for sure. I can only imagine the history being a carriage shop in the past. :thumbup1gif:

1 - 20 of 1891 Posts