Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
1,090 Posts
My youngest has been home from college, away from the her apartment in Utica, and is very badly missing the gym she goes to every day...

SO... It's a 27lb Drawbarbell !! (Yes... it's Deere...probably the only non-green Deere thing I own)

Loaded the tires with plain water (no beet juice around...)
She laughed a lot, and knows I love her enough to try and make her happy...

· Registered
1,090 Posts
Found a nice 1/4 ton arbor press .. went and got it so I'd have somethign to do when I'm bored... then spent 4 hours rebuilding it and making it pretty. (I'm not good at saving stuff for later...)
Should be handy.

· Registered
1,090 Posts
I was going to say pool cover roller upper..
or...
It's the beginnings of a Savonius Wind Turbine to power your yard lighting
or...
Frankensteinian device to zapp that dead stuffed animal back to life...

· Registered
1,090 Posts
Center for a revolving door type gate for your fence?

· Registered
1,090 Posts
The wing nuts on the threaded rods trouble me...

· Registered
1,090 Posts
I’ll be happy to employ a quicker solution if you have a recommendation. 😁
They no longer trouble me, now that I understand the load is so low :)
Very nice use of spare parts !
I used to put my filters on a rake handle and spin em with the hose... your solution is much more elegant.

· Registered
1,090 Posts
Bought an old Troy-bilt junior tiller for cheap... missing the carb, wheels frozen to the axles, etc.. stopped at HF for a cheap engine(6.5 hp for 99.99) to replace the 3.5 Tecumseh... And now have a nice small rear tine tiller to replace frankentiller...

· Registered
1,090 Posts
Decided to get rid of the OE hitch on my cyclone rake and build my own 3-point mount.

It's way too long the way it was... I'll take about 10 inches off the overall length.. not a lot, but with the way that swings, it will help a bunch.

· Registered
1,090 Posts
I would think, if you are using separate boards (board and batten, tongue in groove) to cover the door frame (meaning NOT sheet goods like ply, osb, t111) that with the angled braces running parallel, up from the hinge side, gravity would tend to want to spread the boards.
(With proper fastening, this is probably unlikely.. but time and gravity always win over anything man-made)

If I had to run the braces parallel, I would go the other way, and use the compression resistance of the wood.

I think the braces at 90 degrees, would prevent that... and.. in the above 2, you have 4 triangles, below is 5.
Maybe that is a benefit? (I truly don't know..just guessing)

Using sheet goods changes the game entirely...

· Registered
1,090 Posts
I'd add.. if using boards... make sure the joints of the frame/bracing, are not over where the boards meet.
If you stagger those, you can use the strength of the board to augment the strength of the frame joint.
vs

· Registered
1,090 Posts

· Registered
1,090 Posts
Finished making the 3 point adapter for my Cyclone Rake.
I never liked the length nor fit. I had loosened the orginal mounts and forced them over enough to fit the draw bar holes.
Although it worked, and I only use it a few times a year... I just wanted it the way I felt it should be.
It was this...

I did this with some square tube, a couple Cat 1 pins, and a couple short pieces of angle:

Only shortened things by about 7"... but it will still help. This thing was LONG.
And, I kept it so that navigating a steep grade (24 degrees) wont cause the blower to bind on the folded ROPS.
(Probably a bad idea... grade/folded ROPS... I know...)

· Registered
1,090 Posts
I'm usually only sorry when I get caught !

· Registered
1,090 Posts
Beautiful pups!

· Registered
1,090 Posts
So...are you saying the dingo did it?

· Registered
1,090 Posts
That is so cool! Nice

· Registered
1,090 Posts
I would get even more clearance :)

But then I bang my skull into it repeatedly and curse a lot.

All kidding aside...it came out nice, follows the tractor a bit tighter, and the 7 inches made a palpable difference in use. I'm super happy and it was time we'll spent.

· Registered
1,090 Posts
Don't forget you will likely have to lengthen the hose from the MDA to the inlet on the blower.
I used a piece of stovepipe in mine and got a couple extra clamps.
I use an HD tarp strap to hold it up, hanging from the ROPS.. works nice

· Registered
1,090 Posts
Mine fit nice... I did enlarge the hole

· Registered
1,090 Posts
I removed the manual holder on the back of the seat.
Do you have pics of the manual holder?

I have wondered since I got my 1 series, why there wasn't one on the tractor. Seems Deere, Frontier, and "decent" implements always have that sealed manual tube on them... But the tractor didn't.

Just curious. Thanks 😊

1 - 20 of 37 Posts