Green Tractor Talk banner

2401 - 2420 of 2489 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Played with welder little bit today. Made a parking stand for my scraper blade and put a new jack on the trailer so I can lower my tailgate when it’s hooked up.

·
Registered
91 Posts
So while 95% of it set here we are 2 weeks later and there are still a couple of tacky areas. Am I just screwed or is there something I can do?
This is epoxy right? I've never experienced an area that didn't cure, but the only reason I would suspect for that to happen is that the hardener wasn't mixed in well enough. That makes me wonder if a second coat would work? I think it would eventually cure even without a second coat, but I wouldn't have a clue how long that would take or if it would look right even. Have you tried to get in touch with the epoxy manufacturer? They might have some advice if they have good customer service.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Finally received my Simpson pressure washer and put it all together. I'm looking forward to giving it a go tomorrow on the bottom side of my 54HC deck. Only two things disappointed me so far. The handle is rediuclously short, I'm talking 22.5" short. They also overfilled the pump fluid by about 150% of what it should have been. Had to unthread the drain on the bottom and release some of the oil, attempting not to flood the brand new frame.

I wanted a larger machine but being on a well that starts off at 4gpm but drops don't to 3-3.2gpm, it wasn't worth the risk of damaging the pump. I opted for the smaller 2.5gpm 3600psi unit. More important to me was the Honda GX engine and the AAA triplex pump. Both of which should last for year while using ethanol free fuel.

I already pulled out my inline flow meter so I can determine what size nozzles I want to order for other cleaning purposes.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Gorgeous shepherd

·
Premium Member
15,371 Posts
Finally received my Simpson pressure washer and put it all together. I'm looking forward to giving it a go tomorrow on the bottom side of my 54HC deck. Only two things disappointed me so far. The handle is rediuclously short, I'm talking 22.5" short. They also overfilled the pump fluid by about 150% of what it should have been. Had to unthread the drain on the bottom and release some of the oil, attempting not to flood the brand new frame.

I wanted a larger machine but being on a well that starts off at 4gpm but drops don't to 3-3.2gpm, it wasn't worth the risk of damaging the pump. I opted for the smaller 2.5gpm 3600psi unit. More important to me was the Honda GX engine and the AAA triplex pump. Both of which should last for year while using ethanol free fuel.

I already pulled out my inline flow meter so I can determine what size nozzles I want to order for other cleaning purposes.
View attachment 751259

View attachment 751260

View attachment 751261

I'm with you the handle is to short. but I do like the pump seems well made.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Today is the day of the annual garage and shed cleaning. What this really means is it’s time once again to clear the annual accumulation of spiders and webs. The rest of the “mess” can stay, but walking face first through or reaching into spider webs just sets off my Spidey senses in a bad way. 😬

·
Registered
156 Posts
Duplicate deleted.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I finally took a couple hours and helped my 2 oldest girls with some projects they have been wanting to make. On the chop saw, she is working to cut "dominoes" from some scrap poplar. She just wants to line 'em up and knock 'em down, so we aren't actually making them dominoes. The picture is skewed but I assure you her left hand/thumb was a safe distance away from the blade. In the back, she is doing some layout to assemble a closet for her hamster. Who knew that a hamster needed a closet, I've never even seen cloths for it.

Not what I had planned for the day, but it was the best outcome. I need to do better at working with them on this stuff. I always have to many projects going on...

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm honestly not sure if it is soft start or not, that wasn't what I was looking at when I bought it. It definitely torques your arm a bit, but my daughter didn't have any trouble with it. We did the first several cuts together until she was comfortable enough to try it on her own. Its a fine balance of making sure she has respect for the machine and what is doing or could do, but not scaring her off. So many people don't try new things because they are scared off for numerous reasons, I want mine to respect and understand but not live in a bubble.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Gorgeous shepherd
Thank you. He's my first as an adult and dead loyal to me, wife is jealous LOL

I'm almost certain he was posting about the PW.
View attachment 751263
LOL

I'm with you the handle is to short. but I do like the pump seems well made.
Definitely short for transport, makes it a little frustrating. I also have to tightly coil the hose or it drags. Upon first use cleaning the deck after a wet (non optional) cut it worked well. The commercial Honda GX engine started on the 3rd pull. The onboard manual pressure unloader worked well. I prefer to use the pressure reg on the gun/lance so i don't have to walk back to the machine. The triplex pump is the only way to go. Buying the engine pump combo was worth it for years of pain free use. the non ethanol fuel is icing on the cake (y)

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
I finally took a couple hours and helped my 2 oldest girls with some projects they have been wanting to make. On the chop saw, she is working to cut "dominoes" from some scrap poplar. She just wants to line 'em up and knock 'em down, so we aren't actually making them dominoes. The picture is skewed but I assure you her left hand/thumb was a safe distance away from the blade. In the back, she is doing some layout to assemble a closet for her hamster. Who knew that a hamster needed a closet, I've never even seen cloths for it.

Not what I had planned for the day, but it was the best outcome. I need to do better at working with them on this stuff. I always have to many projects going on...
We just had our first son and i can't wait to do that kind of stuff with him.

Is that chop saw a soft-start one? I have a 12" Rigid that doesn't and the start-up torque is spooky to put it politely.
To the best of my knowledge none of the Dewalt miter saws have a soft start. The are torquey on your arm however. The table saw is the loud, obnoxious, scary one that should gave soft start imo.

·
Premium Member
8,397 Posts
As I'm working on my digital Kenworth 953S oilfield truck, I've spent the summer on the Detroit Diesel V12 engine. I have installation drawings, a parts and service manual, and lots of pictures. The engine is mostly done (~75%) and today while looking for something else, I finally find a spec that I wanted at the beginning, the 'V' angle between the cylinder banks.

The installation drawing doesn't list that angle, but it was some oddball number 2 - 3 degrees over 60-degrees. OK, it's a better than average installation drawing with the do not scale disclaimers (though I do) and I just figured it was draftsman error. After all, I've always been under the impression that 'V' type engines are happiest when the number of cylinders divides into 360-degrees evenly, with V-16 engines being a bit odd at 22.5-degrees. Well, apparently the draftsman was right as the spec is a 63.5-degree 'V' angle. WTF? Now I might check the firing order to see if DD designed the 'V' engines as two inline engines sharing the same block, crankshaft and certain other components.

Am I going to change it? Highly unlikely as changing the base angle is easy, but with so many interconnected parts, I doubt the changes would propagate throughout the complete assembly without numerous errors that I'm in no mood to track down for a model.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
As I'm working on my digital Kenworth 953S oilfield truck, I've spent the summer on the Detroit Diesel V12 engine. I have installation drawings, a parts and service manual, and lots of pictures. The engine is mostly done (~75%) and today while looking for something else, I finally find a spec that I wanted at the beginning, the 'V' angle between the cylinder banks.

The installation drawing doesn't list that angle, but it was some oddball number 2 - 3 degrees over 60-degrees. OK, it's a better than average installation drawing with the do not scale disclaimers (though I do) and I just figured it was draftsman error. After all, I've always been under the impression that 'V' type engines are happiest when the number of cylinders divides into 360-degrees evenly, with V-16 engines being a bit odd at 22.5-degrees. Well, apparently the draftsman was right as the spec is a 63.5-degree 'V' angle. WTF? Now I might check the firing order to see if DD designed the 'V' engines as two inline engines sharing the same block, crankshaft and certain other components.

Am I going to change it? Highly unlikely as changing the base angle is easy, but with so many interconnected parts, I doubt the changes would propagate throughout the complete assembly without numerous errors that I'm in no mood to track down for a model.
You working on a 953 Super????
What do you mean by digital?
Love the 953. I used to talk with a guy in Algiers that worked on 953's for Aramco. Sent me a lot of cool pics.
I have a couple models of them.

83217D8A-DB3B-4EAA-A042-8D3EB3B3DAE3.jpeg
FFF5BE0D-78E5-4098-BC5C-79CDB8F6C4E4.jpeg

·
Premium Member
8,397 Posts
By digital, it's all in the computer at the moment. I am creating the parts with 3D printing in mind. These are prior posts I've made on the 953S in this thread.

What scale is that Model?

2401 - 2420 of 2489 Posts