Green Tractor Talk banner

2421 - 2440 of 2489 Posts

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
By digital, it's all in the computer at the moment. I am creating the parts with 3D printing in mind. These are prior posts I've made on the 953S in this thread.

What scale is that Model?
Wow, those computer pics are awesome! Love them.
The two 953 models i have were made by Narwag/Diesel-87 in France. They are no longer in business unfortunately. They made some great detailed resin kits in their day. Everything i build is 1/87. But i have a collection of 1/25. I used to build them in the 70's when i was a kid. As an adult i wanted all those memories still in their wrapped boxes Lol.
971364E6-C9C5-41D8-99F9-DCAF50752C67.jpeg

·
Premium Member
6,349 Posts
My day‘s plan today was to work on the 3020 carburetor. That was changed by the dryer not running last night. The belt wore completely all the way through the hollow idler. Seeing as I don’t usually, meaning never, grease the idler it was pretty dry. Luckily there was enough of it left to get some basic measurements and I ended up only having to make it thinner.

I am of the first to say if you can buy a part it is always cheaper than making it but this with shipping was $64 and would not be here until Thursday. My wife understands the lathe makes round parts and Thursday was not an option. Apparently there is no question that the dryer is much more important than the 3020. While I was at I regreased the drum roller bushings. Now it is as quiet as new.

C970AD84-A3CB-4031-80E4-C392CEC35D14.jpeg

·
Registered
578 Posts
Bought an old Troy-bilt junior tiller for cheap... missing the carb, wheels frozen to the axles, etc.. stopped at HF for a cheap engine(6.5 hp for 99.99) to replace the 3.5 Tecumseh... And now have a nice small rear tine tiller to replace frankentiller...

·
Premium Member
2,789 Posts
My wife understands the lathe makes round parts and Thursday was not an option.
I can hear it now " don't you have a thing in the shop that spins and and it'll make it"
Like the lathe just magically copies it. :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
6,349 Posts
No many years of me being in machine tools and she knows a lathe from a mill. Mostly though she knows how I smell after lathe oil vs motor oil from the mill. And then there is the oil, diesel and gasoline. Come to think of it, I am kind of smelly guy to be around.

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
Hung new furnace in garage.
Will let professional plumb NG and exhaust. View attachment 752817
One of my friends (yes, I have friends) drives the school bus that goes by our place. Yesterday being garbage day, he calls me because he saw the Modine box, wondering why I would go that route when you could by another brand for 2/3 of the price?
I replied that after circling the sun for 55 years I had come to realize that typically there's a reason some things are cheaper and some are more expensive. Furthermore I wanted to purchase from local contractor instead of the box store because the box store isn't going to come work on it when that need arrises.
The conversation eventually circled back to price and I explained that ownership has expenses, and purchase price is merely one of those expenses. Finding reliable service when needed and the resulting frustration is another, and by paying more for one of those expenses automatically reduces the other.
He thanked me multiple times and said he now understood my purchase decision. He's no longer considering the less expensive one from a box store.
It's only one, but making a difference does make me feel good!!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
...ownership has expenses, and purchase price is merely one of those expenses. Finding reliable service when needed and the resulting frustration is another, and by paying more for one of those expenses automatically reduces the other.
Perfect!

·
Registered
831 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Putting together a couple cornhole boards for a birthday party this weekend. Have hole saw coming tomorrow to cut out the holes.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
12,258 Posts
Putting together a couple cornhole boards for a birthday party this weekend. Have hope hole saw coming tomorrow to cut out the holes.
Fixed it for you.

Nice work on the boards. (y)

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
12,258 Posts

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Im gonna play devils advocate here. Why do they call it cornhole?

2421 - 2440 of 2489 Posts