Green Tractor Talk banner

2441 - 2460 of 2489 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Those look really nice!
Did you paint that or are those vinyl or something?
Just rattle cans and painters tape. My wife cut out the stars in a piece of cardboard and I used it as a stencil to spray them. It’s far from perfect up close but they will work once I get them polyurethaned and slicked up good.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Did cornhole replace pitching horseshoes?
Pretty much. We haven’t thrown horseshoes in forever. Cornhole bags are a lot easier on the ankles if they hit you and the older and younger family members can enjoy it as well.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
I thought they were sand bags. Why they gotta have corn in them?

·
Registered
831 Posts
“Sandhole“ doesn’t sound good Lol
Haha. That’s very true!! I may be wrong but I think the dust that comes from the corn being tossed back and forth causes the boards to stay very slick. It lets the bags slide easier. The bags I ordered I believe have sand in them as they were advertised as “all weather” bags. I doubt they will slide as well. However once a regular cornhole bag gets wet from forgetting and leaving it out it quickly molds and is unusable.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
However once a regular cornhole bag gets wet from forgetting and leaving it out it quickly molds and is unusable.
We use pea gravel instead of corn. It still provides some dust and it doesn't mind getting wet.

(I must admit that the first time my Kentucky friend invited me over for some corn hole, I didn't really understand or want to go...)

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Well then it would be called pea hole

·
Registered
497 Posts
You can buy cornhole bags with a synthetic corn substitute as well.

·
Premium Member
15,371 Posts
WVdeere ,,, boards look GREAT.. (y) (y) (y)

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
You and yours are cordially invited to our barbecue this weekend!
There will be yummy food and lots of drinks!
Festivities include a slip and slide followed by a couple rounds of corn hole!
We hope you’ll join us!

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
You note he failed to include an address for the BBQ.

Dave

·
Registered
831 Posts
All I’ve done so far today is hang a flag in the garage. I couldn’t find wall space so just hung it from ceiling.

2441 - 2460 of 2489 Posts