Green Tractor Talk banner

2621 - 2640 of 2850 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,665 Posts
Lowell ,, great looking house and elf (y) (y)

·
Registered
JD-2720, JD L130
25 Posts
Worked on building a rolling cedar table for the Big Green Egg (the other green machine 😃 ). Still need to finish a little trim work, sand, stain and build the top. I'll probably line the center part with tile so the whole works doesn't catch on fire. I also need to get some lights wired up on the inside and maybe some accent lights around the outside.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays -

IMG_9758.JPG
IMG_9760.JPG
IMG_9757.JPG

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
Unpredictable Disposition
13,683 Posts
AK737,
WOW! That's gonna be a nice set-up when complete.

·
Premium Member
7,477 Posts
The last couple times I was welding I kept having an issue with pin holes sporadically. I kept thinking it was something with cleanliness but sometimes I could turn up the gas and get back to normal. Tonight I was out there looking for something to do so pulled off the nozzle and noticed 3 of the 4 holes that feed the nozzle were mostly clogged. Probably because I usually give a shot of anti spatter spray in the nozzle before I start. It makes the nozzle easier to clean and they last a long time. Obviously it runs down and clogs them. I put a finger cot over the end (I still have some from the drill press incident of 2018). It would blow up a little but not much. I took the gun part and found over the years the clamp was all the way tight that seals it but the rubber tube had shrunk away. I put a couple wraps of splicing tape around it so the clamp would tighten again and the sealed the end up with it. The other end was still tight but I still did the same thing so the same thing doesn’t happen next week there. Success. The finger cot will blow up and take about 25 seconds to go down. I can once again feel the breeze out the end.

9FE3C0AF-E53A-43AE-B204-F8C4B816B88C.jpeg
F01CBC26-9187-4F4C-9A6A-64AF6E5294F2.jpeg
4A8D02D1-8343-49BC-8C3A-C842CA5AA438.jpeg

·
Registered
214 Posts

Got my coat rack made from pine logs and railroad spikes done this morning. This is going to probably end up in my work office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Was out in the shop at 6 this morning put’n ye ole snowplow on, we had a bit of a snow storm yesterday afternoon and last night! Second picture is the finished job, I had to clean the porch after I took that pic, didn’t realize I had that to do till I took the picture!

Merry Christmas everyone!

·
Premium Member
10,125 Posts

Lift kit for a log splitter? :laugh: Helping a buddy with his Timberwolf, adding a swivel caster under the back and moving the fixed axle forward. He pulls it through his wood lot and is tired of having to fight with the support stand under the splitting area so we’re replacing it with a wheel. Doing so means having to lift the whole machine for clearance, but that actually puts the machine at a more comfortable working height. We spent a lot of time “field engineering” how this was going to go and modifying an old swivel wheel off of a self propelled swather, but it’s about 80% done if I had to guess. Might finish it Saturday.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Oh I like that !! ^^^^

·
Premium Member
3,286 Posts
Changed the oil in my 2032r today. I really need to get the oil wrench for this size oil filter. Couldn't get a strap wrench on it so channel lock murder it was. Never the less it's done.

PXL_20201231_185215591.jpg

PXL_20201231_185206538.jpg

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Changed the oil in my 2032r today. I really need to get the oil wrench for this size oil filter. Couldn't get a strap wrench on it so channel lock murder it was. Never the less it's done.

View attachment 768946

View attachment 768947
This is the filter wrench you need. It is the only one I have found that I can depend on. Had too many like yours in the past.

Dave

·
Premium Member
16,665 Posts
Here is the wrench I've used for the past 20+ yrs

·
Premium Member
7,477 Posts
This is the filter wrench you need. It is the only one I have found that I can depend on. Had too many like yours in the past.
Thanks. Just ordered it. I had one like the black one in the photo but it was mangled on the first use. I like the idea of them and the one you posted looks a little heavier duty.
1D084C51-3E3F-41A0-A517-F9ABDE80FCCF.png

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Here is the wrench I've used for the past 20+ yrs View attachment 769025
This is the style I've switched to. They work great to bite the filter but man are they a pain to get open and hold open when trying to get on the filter. Usually I'm in a spot where I can only use one hand and I just don't have enough fingers to make things work. Once it's on though it's golden.

Rob

·
Registered
919 Posts
Well....
Been thinking I needed a diff lock pedal for a while... knowing I have all the bits I needed.
Also been on vacation...bored out of my mind... and haven't touched my MIG or grinder for a while.
Then... read about 3d printed pedals... thought about building a printer then printing one... but wanted metal.
Too cheap to buy anything I can make, and love making stuff...
SO...

·
Premium Member
16,665 Posts
Not only today but for the past couple of weeks, been building a wooden train. Our minister started this apx 25 yrs ago and he dropped off a lot of parts . I've used a few of them and finished the open top gondolas that he had started.
I have the engine

IMG_20210101_154936685.jpg

I have a box car, another open top , the locomotive finished just needs the wheels and coverings for the wheels .
Just started the final one the caboose hope to have it finished tomorrow or the first of the week.
IMG_20201225_083930234.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,477 Posts
Shop is closed as of today except for routine maintenance as needed. 4 years after I built it we had a graduation party, then 4 years later another for the youngest. It in June it will be 7 years from that one and my wife wants to have something in it in June. So every few years it is her shop for a short time. It gives me a change to clean it up and realize that fab work can sure be dirty work. Using the sprayer as my water supply the last couple times it was not quite so filthy but this time it I needed to get out the big guns. I love the steel siding for washing but doing the ceiling still stinks.

1.jpg
3.jpg

4.jpg

We will see how much of these piece of steel I think I really need. I remember putting some of them back on the shelf the first time.
9.jpg

2621 - 2640 of 2850 Posts