Green Tractor Talk banner

2881 - 2900 of 2957 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
That looks better than new. I didn't realize they made little rakes like that. Is that for grass or leaves?

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
It’s how they make those little decorative bales in the craft stores for fall! 😂
😁

Yes those are a money maker since they go for more than a regular baler but last I looked a converted baler was quite pricy. Easy on the wagon man though.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Never tried. Ive seen a swarm in cedar across the road and I know I have some wild bee trees in the area so I am hopeful. Its too expensive to keep buying bees.
So far both of our hives from last year are still alive. The bees were out this afternoon gathering pollen from I assume the trees that are starting to bud out. They had their legs all packed out on their return.

·
Registered
921 Posts
So far both of our hives from last year are still alive. The bees were out this afternoon gathering pollen from I assume the trees that are starting to bud out. They had their legs all packed out on their return.
My last 2 hives both went queenless in june almost a year to the day apart. I tried swapping brood from a good hive in for them. Finally gave my last hive to another beekeeper and he combined it with one of his weak hives. Looking to get back into it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
That looks better than new. I didn't realize they made little rakes like that. Is that for grass or leaves?
I use it for both grass and leaves. In the spring I like how it scratches the lawn surface while working up matted down leaves that I pick up with the lawn sweeper behind a second tractor. I'll try and get some pictures when we do my daughter's yard in week or so and post them.

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
I have one of those rakes, haven't used it in years, need to get it out again!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still painting the whirlybirds, should finish painting today & put the wings on tomorrow:
HPIM3170.JPG

HPIM3171.JPG

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Put the radiator back in the the Bobcat last night and hooked the oil cooler back up. Refilled both and let it run a few minutes. I was happy to come out to a dry shop floor this morning so I buttoned it back up. Changed the engine oil, put in new plugs. I readjusted the governor because it didn’t seemed quite right last year. This time I used the hoof directions instead of Bobcat’s and I think it will be better. There is one step bobcat leaves out that I think was not opening the throttle all the way. I adjusted the timing, the cap and rotor looked good and the dwell was spot on so a little less work than I planned. I told my wife it just seems under powered but I think that is because when I go to dads I run his newer Case and it has more power than mine idling.

There is a double unjoint between the motor and the pumps that has 3 grease zerks. I have never seen it and hope to never see. I have to reach back in with one hand and find the fittings with a finger and guide the end of the grease gun on it, slide my hand back some to get it seated and not let it drop. The problem is my fore arm will only go in there so far and I swear if it was a quarter inch further back I couldn’t do it. When the boys were young I used to have them help me with that one, it looks like I might have to consider becoming a big brother to some kid.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Bought some shooting plates off of Amazon and welded up a shooters/dualing tree. I have to paint it still but came together pretty good. Look forward to trying it out.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Bought some shooting plates off of Amazon and welded up a shooters/dualing tree. I have to paint it still but came together pretty good. Look forward to trying it out.

Dualing trees and the neverending trash talking from a dueling tree domination are a wonderful thing. Though I'd guess you have less sitting there in effort and steel than it would cost to actually shoot a dual with ammo being what it is!! 🤑

Looks great and it should be a blast!!

·
Registered
348 Posts

AWESOME job. How far did you angle it forward so the paddles stay at each of the sides after they swing?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I went with 10 degrees. I haven’t shot it yet but seems to have enough lean. I have read anywhere from 10-20 degrees.

2881 - 2900 of 2957 Posts