Green Tractor Talk banner

2901 - 2920 of 2957 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
I went with 10 degrees. I haven’t shot it yet but seems to have enough lean. I have read anywhere from 10-20 degrees.
Thanks for posting that I have not seen one of those up close and it’s very interesting on how it works.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I went with 10 degrees. I haven’t shot it yet but seems to have enough lean. I have read anywhere from 10-20 degrees.
Let us know how they work - I've been wanting to make one. Where did you find the paddles?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Only thing about this set that I bought is the tubes that come with it have a pretty pronounced weld seam inside of them. They needed to be grinded down with a die grinder to make smooth inside. I’m not sure how well they would have worked without grinding the inside weld down.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
All put together and tested. Worked perfectly. Used a S and W 9mm and Springfield .45
Both flipped plates flawlessly.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Turned a exhaust gasket holder for a 1555 Oliver for a friend today. On one port there was a small gap so I made it larger to cover it. Made from 347 stainless so someday there will be a big pile of iron ore with a shiny piece in the middle. Hardest part of the whole job was getting the gasket out of the stock one, they are crimped in.

7808C8CD-7A01-489E-8EF8-C1E02CF9F061.jpeg

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got a new compressor last November and set it up in the shop corner. My old one bit the dust a month earlier (I never realized how much I was dependent on air until I didn't have it) but just to get air, I installed a short nipple to my old separator, regulator and coupler. I figured to have the up-graded piping installed by the end of January.

Man, was I wrong. At the time, someone else was using my credit card and had to cancel it. So I sent a money order to purchase a new separator, regulator and flexible metal hose. Five and a half weeks later, USPS finally delivered the money order. A week later I received my order.

I figured to have the new piping system done in a couple of days . . . again, I was wrong. Over the next 2 weeks, after going to the 2 big box home stores and 5 smaller hardware stores, I finally got all of the black pipe and fittings I needed. What an ordeal!

It's been raining all day, so to keep in tune with the thread, I built most of my piping system. I still have to install a filter/regulator, but after all I went through, I'm happy to have this much done!

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
Yep nice compressor. I got and old 80 gallon speedair that I hope never quits. Had to put a new motor on it about 10 years ago. Came out of an old gas station my buddy owned.

·
Premium Member
11,896 Posts
Nice compressor but this is what caught my eye.

What is the story behind that.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Wonder if that falls into the category of "they dont make those any more"?

2901 - 2920 of 2957 Posts