Green Tractor Talk banner
3121 - 3140 of 3158 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Loaded up the new portable fuel tank today .
went down to the coop and loaded her up with 110 gallons of off-road diesel . Love this fuel tank , just perfect for my needs . Holds enough to make it worth the trip to the coop for off road fuel. I had been using 10, 5 gal judges and a battery powered pump. Which really wasn’t worth the trip to coop for 30-50 gal at a time , which was a nice setup till the 5Ms which hold a heck of a lot more fuel . 1 of them can hold all 10 jugs . Lol

Today after filling the new tank for only the second time sense getting it a month or so ago. I filled both 5115Ms and the 4066R.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I made a modification to the SCV lever on the 1025R. I made a 2½" extension and used a big truck gear shift ball that I had on all of my trucks (my lucky ball if you will 😊) So to keep with tradition I mounted it on the lever

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
went down to the coop and loaded her up with 110 gallons of off-road diesel . Love this fuel tank , just perfect for my needs . Holds enough to make it worth the trip to the coop for off road fuel. I had been using 10, 5 gal judges and a battery powered pump. Which really wasn’t worth the trip to coop for 30-50 gal at a time , which was a nice setup till the 5Ms which hold a heck of a lot more fuel . 1 of them can hold all 10 jugs . Lol

Today after filling the new tank for only the second time sense getting it a month or so ago. I filled both 5115Ms and the 4066R.
View attachment 794877 View attachment 794878 View attachment 794879 View attachment 794880

I don't know what you do for a living but it looks like if I was just half as good at whatever it is, it'd be alright with me. :ROFLMAO: All jokes aside you got some nice equipment!

·
Registered
5,868 Posts

View attachment 794877 View attachment 794878 View attachment 794879 View attachment 794880
You need a fuel tank on a stand and get off road diesel delivered. I have a 300 gal tank that I order the min 200 gal each time. Cheaper too as I don't have to pay taxes on it, maybe as much as 50 cents here. No running to town to get diesel. Just drive over to the tank and fill er up.

Dave

·
Premium Member
8,311 Posts
Our local FS will deliver 300 gallon but there is a surcharge for this amount and less because lots of the tractors hold more than that. The other local supplier will only deliver a semi load.

·
Premium Member
5,458 Posts
Our supplier is under 200. 80 bucks surcharge and going up. I spend more time on the phone with the dispatch gal than almost anyone because of this. On mass ex and export days I’ll go through 600 gal a day on the bigger jobs with half a dozen or more pigs but they’ll keep coming to me on their route even on slow days when I go through 150 or so. I have to foresee these slowdowns and cancel or thin out the deliveries. I also have a jump tank on my pickup so I can handle a couple hundred a day when needed. Sometimes the small things people don’t think about like getting fuel gets overlooked and I gotta get up way early to get fuel which is sometimes outta the way.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I made a modification to the SCV lever on the 1025R. I made a 2½" extension....
Be careful how much force you apply to the scv linkage, they're not strong parts... and you can't buy parts separately...ask me how I know...

·
Registered
362 Posts
Be careful how much force you apply to the scv... you can't buy parts separately...ask me how I know... View attachment 795589
Thanks for the advice BWV. I'll keep that in mind and pay attention to the scv. I keep the scv lubed with spray grease and have become a lot smoother in operating it with having the tractor for 11 months. I've already made a habit of getting on/off on the left side.
What is your experience with the scv?

·
Registered
25,956 Posts
Our local FS will deliver 300 gallon but there is a surcharge for this amount and less because lots of the tractors hold more than that. The other local supplier will only deliver a semi load.
My supplier will deliver 100 gallons with no surcharge. It’s a $25 fee for less.

I get my home heating fuel once a year in the summer and have them fill my 150 gallon tractor tank at the same time. So I am buying 650-750 gallons at a time which gives me an additional discount for over 400 gallons.

There is just no way I can lift 5 gallon cans to the hood of my tractor anymore. Have a very hard time even picking them up and putting them in the bed of my truck when filling.

·
Premium Member
5,458 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
I cleaned up

PXL_20210717_233923961.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
You need a fuel tank on a stand and get off road diesel delivered. I have a 300 gal tank that I order the min 200 gal each time. Cheaper too as I don't have to pay taxes on it, maybe as much as 50 cents here. No running to town to get diesel. Just drive over to the tank and fill er up.

Dave
I am pretty happy with that new portable tank.

There is a Cenex down the road from me with off-road fuel at the pump. So I am getting red dyed off-road fuel without the road tax and without the delivery fees.

I have pretty much destroyed the 400 foot of my asphalt driveway with all concrete, dirt, sand, and gravel loads over the past 2 years.

I am Getting bids now resurface the asphalt part of my drive.
That resurface will happen soon as I am done with having rock and dirt brought in.
Which is going to be soon.

Once the driveway is repaved, I don’t want any more heavy truck traffic on it.

So fuel tankers bringing in fuel, and paying the delivery fees to boot , just to have my driveway torn up again, just doesn’t really work for my long term plans.

Thats why I went the rout I did with portable tank. Works perfect for my needs, it also pumps something like 14-15 gal a min. Doesn’t take long at all to fuel the 50-60 gal tanks on the 5Ms less then a minute to fill the 4066R or any of the other machines, mowers etc.

I am only making a 110 gal fuel run just a few miles down the road, say once a month in the busy months. And probably only once every 3 months in the winter.

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
I am pretty happy with that new portable tank.

There is a Cenex down the road from me with off-road fuel at the pump. So I am getting red dyed off-road fuel without the road tax and without the delivery fees.

I have pretty much destroyed the 400 foot of my asphalt driveway with all concrete, dirt, sand, and gravel loads over the past 2 years.

I am Getting bids now resurface the asphalt part of my drive.
That resurface will happen soon as I am done with having rock and dirt brought in.
Which is going to be soon.

Once the driveway is repaved, I don’t want any more heavy truck traffic on it.

So fuel tankers bringing in fuel, and paying the delivery fees to boot , just to have my driveway torn up again, just doesn’t really work for my long term plans.

Thats why I went the rout I did with portable tank. Works perfect for my needs, it also pumps something like 14-15 gal a min. Doesn’t take long at all to fuel the 50-60 gal tanks on the 5Ms less then a minute to fill the 4066R or any of the other machines, mowers etc.

I am only making a 110 gal fuel run just a few miles down the road, say once a month in the busy months. And probably only once every 3 months in the winter.
No delivery fees

Sent from my Samsung Note using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
.....I've already made a habit of getting on/off on the left side....
Some of the best advice you could share!

.....What is your experience with the scv?

·
Premium Member
5,458 Posts
I am tracking KBAR. Is that to be mounted on some work platform on some rear mounted ballast box for field dressing?
Wow good insight. I dont like putting my bar in the vice so I built a little one for it. It can be easily secured with a screw or 2 and mounted wherever I want. I almost welded some dogs on the bottom to insert into some pre drilled holes in the bench and ballast box cover. But I’m not that clever. Also I’m left handed and I like the freedom to move the saw around and find a comfortable angle to run the file

Edit: My work bench had an unprovoked attack done to it by a young boy with a claw hammer that’s why there’s wood filler smeared all over it. Need to replace the top plate it’s gotten pretty dingey looking

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
No delivery fees

Sent from my Samsung Note using Tapatalk Pro
I looked around my area online a few months ago prior to buying the portable tank. I looked at different fuel vendors that offered off-road diesel, and prices were the same as I was paying at the pump for off road fuel.
Plus all had some sort of delivery or service fee. Some had minimum orders of 200 to 500 gal. just to get them out.

Plus the whole driveway heavy tank truck issues long term were not exactly a good plan for me.

If I wait for at least 1 of the 5Ms to be near empty then I go fill he tank, then fill the 5m, then I can off load the portable tank with the forks on my 2025R and place it inside the shop where its somewhat out of the way. yet still accessible for filling the gators, 2025R, X758, power washer, generator, or etc etc.

Its been proving to be about perfect for my needs so far.

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Had to fix the 3pt hitch on my 2025R .
after backing it into a tree earlier this afternoon.
I will get ahold of Ken tomorrow and order a new I match box . That’s what actually took the impact . It’s still tweaked a little .

·
Premium Member
12,355 Posts
I will get ahold of Ken tomorrow and order a new I match box . That’s what actually took the impact . It’s still tweaked a little .
That should be covered under warranty......

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
3121 - 3140 of 3158 Posts