Green Tractor Talk banner
3201 - 3220 of 3265 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,675 Posts
Perhaps I have lost my mind but hopefully my back will appreciate it. When I pull the tractors are there and I need to have the weights and air to refill the tires after pulling. This started with I will just go buy a cargo rack and put it on the front three point. Found out they don’t make them in a size I need. Then measure out my length and width. My dump trailer is 83” wide and 14’ long. To fit the everything in with an 1” on each side I had to be creative. Did the hard part today and will do the rack this week.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Green Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
3,851 Posts
When I pull the tractors are there and I need to have the weights and air to refill the tires after pulling.
You been drinking herm? I can usually follow you but this has me lost. Could be me too. :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
8,675 Posts
You been drinking herm? I can usually follow you but this has me lost. Could be me too. :ROFLMAO:
I wish I was. The tractors spend the week at the fair and are driven there and back. I don’t like to bring them back with low tires. If that is the question.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
16,506 Posts
Reading Herm's post I thought the same. :unsure:
If I'd had been drinking, I may have understood what he posted.

·
Administrator
21,674 Posts
Maybe Herm was drinking? (That’d be new….)

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
16,506 Posts
Perhaps I have lost my mind, but hopefully my back will appreciate it.
When I pull, the tractors are there and I need to have the weights and air to refill the tires after pulling.
In his first sentence, the comma was missing between the words "mind" and "but". The comma was also missing between the words "pull" and "the". I fixed that in the quote. (y)

What he's saying here is, he needs his generator and air compressor to re-fill the tires, after "Pulling"(as in tractor pull). They are heavy when lifting them on his own.

This started with, I will just go buy a cargo rack and put it on the front three point.
The comma was missing between "with" and "I". I fixed it. (y)

Found out they don’t make them in a size I need.
He's speaking of a rack to place the genny and air compressor.

Then measure out my length and width. My dump trailer is 83” wide and 14’ long. To fit the everything in with an 1” on each side, I had to be creative.
Here, the word "the" should have been excluded, so I struck a line through it. I also added a comma between the words "side" and "I". (y)

Did the hard part today and will do the rack this week.
He built the receiver hitch for a device(rack) to place the genny and air compressor on.

I think I have this correct. :unsure:

·
Premium Member
12,668 Posts
A Cajun interpreting for someone from the midwest........

That is funny.

·
Premium Member
8,675 Posts
A Cajun interpreting for someone from the midwest........
That is funny.
Even funnier is it improved and was well explained. Did I say I took a lot of ag and shop classes in school but didn't care much for English. Knowing this, I typically reread my posts and correct them which I did not. Even it I do it is only 50/50 they will be correct.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
I typically reread my posts and correct them which I did not. Even it if I do it is only 50/50 they will be correct.
Swing and a miss, again! :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
8,675 Posts
Swing and a miss, again! :ROFLMAO:
Ugg. We are worrying about 2 different things.

I am thinking about how thick a cross piece I need so it doesn't bend down at the outsides and then if it is going to raise high enough not to dig in coming down the trailer ramps. :geek:

·
Premium Member
8,675 Posts
Fin. Well except for paint, I ran out of time. Damn job.

Ends up I can swap the air compressor with the welder as well. Hopefully I have some pulling photos tomorrow.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Yellow Automotive exterior

·
Premium Member
3,851 Posts
Finished the No2 welding table shortening. Stripped the paint off the top and painted the lower black.

Table Furniture Wood Picture frame Gas

Table Furniture Wood Outdoor furniture Outdoor bench

Table Furniture Wood Rectangle Floor

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
16,506 Posts
The welding table looks good, big.
—————

In the shop this afternoon, I fabricated two antenna mounting brackets. I used 1-1/2” x 1-1/2” angle iron.

Because my welding table is still in storage, I used a makeshift table.

Welded and primed. I’m using galvanized bolts to mount it to the rear of the shop.

After an hour of drying, I installed the brackets and mounted the FM antenna.

This Omni-Directional antenna pulls in a large verity of FM and AM stations.

·
Premium Member
18,028 Posts
Michael,,, Good job on your antenna

Big, Nice looking welding table.

Since it was raining most of the day, decided to work on wood project than Lowell sent me last fall.

Wood Automotive design Art Tints and shades Pattern
Hood Automotive tire Yellow Wood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
536 Posts
Finished the No2 welding table shortening. Stripped the paint off the top and painted the lower black.

View attachment 799760

View attachment 799761

View attachment 799762
Nice job on the welding table. It seems pretty heavy-duty and painting it black makes it look mean (y)

The welding table looks good, big.
—————

In the shop this afternoon, I fabricated two antenna mounting brackets. I used 1-1/2” x 1-1/2” angle iron.

View attachment 799942

Because my welding table is still in storage, I used a makeshift table.
View attachment 799943

View attachment 799944

Welded and primed. I’m using galvanized bolts to mount it to the rear of the shop.
View attachment 799945

After an hour of drying, I installed the brackets and mounted the FM antenna.
View attachment 799946

This Omni-Directional antenna pulls in a large verity of FM and AM stations.
View attachment 799947
Nice work on the antenna (y) Is the reception much better?

Michael,,, Good job on your antenna

Big, Nice looking welding table.

Since it was raining most of the day, decided to work on wood project than Lowell sent me last fall.

View attachment 800065 View attachment 800066
Nice tight wood joints (y) Is that poplar? I can't figure out what it's going to be - a wall hanging thing?

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Cleaned up the mower decks, and installed some new mulching blades on the batwing today .

3201 - 3220 of 3265 Posts