Green Tractor Talk banner

What do you plan to do with you stimulus check, if you get one?

• Invest it

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Buy something for the green machine

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • Give it to a relative in need

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • General fund for bills and such

Votes: 27 44.3%
  • Something special

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • I don’t qualify for a stimulus check.

Votes: 18 29.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
101 - 120 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
I was surprised after filing my taxes this year. We got a stimulus check. $250.00. I knew I was out of luck based on 2018 with my corporate move stuff grossed into my earnings. But just snuck under the wire with the 2019 file.

I am spending ours on Ken’s bolt on hooks. With the new tractor at the dealer it’s time to order.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts

·
Registered
12,286 Posts
ours has come and almost is gone again.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have not gotten my wu-flu stimulus check yet , so I went to the IRS website. Put in my name , soc..sec number
and other info and got a message , "yes you qualify". Hit button continue. Next page said I would have to wait
for USPS to bring me a paper check , because IRS did not have my info for direct deposit.

Wait , what !? I've filed taxes electronically for probably 12 years or more and always with the same
banking account. In fact , for 2019 I filed electronic and owed 200 bucks which the IRS took
from my account just 4 weeks ago. And they don't have my direct deposit info? BS. , they've
probably got more of my financial records than I do.

Click continue again...here I can put my direct deposit info because they don't have it. I put the
routing number and account in and click continue. New message , now I will get direct deposit
but when? Who knows?
Heck , maybe now I will get a paper check and a deposit !

What will I do with it? I'm not even going to think about that until I get a deposit or a paper
that says "pay to the order of...."

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
I think you have me beat. 😁
A lot off topic, my daughter when living paycheck to paycheck routinely wrote "bad" checks. She said it was cheaper to pay the overdraft fees than the late fees of the payee. Made no sense to me.
When I was in school, I inadvertently wrote a check which would have resulted in an overdraft. The very small bank that I used at home scrutinized the check and returned it to the merchant for a bad endorsement. I realized I had made an error and deposited some money in time so when the store sent it back correctly endorsed, it cleared without me paying a fee.

That would never happen now but I was grateful then. I probably would have had to pay $10 more to the merchant and $10 in a bank fee and that was $20 I really didn't have.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Nothing here yet. Theoretically we should qualify but until I see the money, I'm not spending it. Heck, I have a feeling that I won't be spending it anyway- just giving it back. Our accountant hasn't given us the bad news on taxes yet as the filing deadlines were extended but I think the flu check will be going back with some bonus added on.

Oh well.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
12,286 Posts
And you didn't share what you bought.....again..?
JUST CAUGHT UP ON SOME LOUSY MEDICAL BILLS IS ALL.ugh them darn caps.
remember back when i was in the er for the day-yeah plus a set of crutches that day.
oh-yeah had a MRI last yr--i had to pay a good chunck of that bill.
wife had to have several tests done to her arms and hands--needle test's--

so pretty much all medical stuff

·
Registered
501 Posts
When I was in school, I inadvertently wrote a check which would have resulted in an overdraft. The very small bank that I used at home scrutinized the check and returned it to the merchant for a bad endorsement. I realized I had made an error and deposited some money in time so when the store sent it back correctly endorsed, it cleared without me paying a fee.

That would never happen now but I was grateful then. I probably would have had to pay $10 more to the merchant and $10 in a bank fee and that was $20 I really didn't have.

Treefarmer
Back then businesses used real people who actually had a little control over how they did their job. Now options are limited to what the computer lets them do.

And now one size fits all, whether it does or not.

·
Registered
22,652 Posts
JUST CAUGHT UP ON SOME LOUSY MEDICAL BILLS IS ALL.ugh them darn caps.
remember back when i was in the er for the day-yeah plus a set of crutches that day.
oh-yeah had a MRI last yr--i had to pay a good chunck of that bill.
wife had to have several tests done to her arms and hands--needle test's--

so pretty much all medical stuff
Well that just stinks!!

·
Premium Member
7,692 Posts
My wife said we got the deposit today for the two of us. It will still go to our kids.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,251 Posts
Our checks showed up direct deposit in the checking account Monday. I sent most of mine to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Mrs. FW transferred her amount to her Christmas Club savings account.

My older sister died in 2006 after a couple years of acute myeloid leukemia. For a long time, she knew she was sick, but delayed seeing an Oncologist until it was too late. She was in denial after the diagnosis and put off treatment. She suffered with it terribly and I hate to think of anyone else going through that kind of pain. I swore if I ever had the ability to help other, I'd do what I could.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I got my $39.65 a few days ago.
I bought a giant ribeye steak and a bottle of wine and cooked myself my 60th birthday dinner at home.
I bribed my puppy dog into giving me my birthday kiss with the bone.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
101 - 120 of 144 Posts