Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am a new member and this is my first post but i have been readind a lot of posts. I am looking for a new 1025R. What would a good price be for a 2018 1025R with a loader and backhoe installed. Building it on deere Web page is about $25,000 but that is for a new 2019. I should say that this is a brand new 2018 model from a deer dealer in my area. On there quote they listed the suggested price of $25,600 but would sell it for $23,000. Is it reasonable to believe a 2018 is or should be the same price as a 2019?
Thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
2,241 Posts
Canadian or US dollars?

Is it reasonable to believe a 2018 is or should be the same price as a 2019?* Yes. These are not like cars, trucks, etc. With tractors, it's not about the calendar year of build, it's more about condition and hours on the machine. A zero hour 2018 is actually worth a little more than a 2019 with, say 50 hrs.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is in US dollars. I was thinking the dealer would be more motivated to sell an older zero hour machine but the way you explain it that's not the case.

·
Super Moderator
5,542 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
:wgtt:

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
A reasonable discount off MSRP would be somewhere between 15% to 17%.

Good luck and welcome from central Ohio :wgtt:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,488 Posts

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Howdy from over here and welcome to the forums... :usa

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
22k for a flb with 60" MMM sounds much more reasonable. They want 23k for just the flb, which is about a 10% discount. I don't think it is a fair price. I will have to talk with the salesman on Monday to see if they can do better or if that is there best offer.

·
Registered
377 Posts
22k for a flb with 60" MMM sounds much more reasonable. They want 23k for just the flb, which is about a 10% discount. I don't think it is a fair price. I will have to talk with the salesman on Monday to see if they can do better or if that is there best offer.
If you can't get them down, maybe you can get them to toss in some implements(mower deck? Back Blade? Box Blade?), suitcase weights, Service visits.. etc..

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
One other thing worth noting, assuming you are 0% financing the SCUT...That is not a trivial thing, it is literally worth thousands and they have been doing it for so long, we tend to take it for granted. So for example a $1000 more or less is either going to be $13 saving or $13 a month extra...not a whole lot.

I paid in that range for a TLB and 54" mower in 2012. If not for the 0% financing I never would have bought it.

Also I was not going to go 30 minutes away to get a quote from another dealer, but that may be your strongest bargaining chip...if you can. Proximity to me of my dealer and a good rapport with the service manage meant a lot of value for me.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Such a Deal

At the end of 2017, my local dealer (when I say local I mean I could walk there) was advertising a package deal. I got a brandy new 2018 1025R with factory installed 120R loader and 260B backhoe delivered for $18,700.

:bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I went to talk with the salesman at my local JD dealer this afternoon and this is what I learned.

Apparently JD sends them the inventory on the lot and they have no control over it. The only 1025R tractors they have are 2018. I found this hard to believe but maybe.

The msrp was $25,600 and the dealers discount was $2,605 which brought the price down to $22,995. That discount included the 2 JD incentives worth $500 each.

I told the salesman we were about $3000 dollars apart on the deal and if he wanted he could check with the owner and get his best deal together but at this point I have walked away from overpaying.

Sounds like I need to drive 6 hours to PA and get a good deal.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
So I went to talk with the salesman at my local JD dealer this afternoon and this is what I learned.

Apparently JD sends them the inventory on the lot and they have no control over it. The only 1025R tractors they have are 2018. I found this hard to believe but maybe.

The msrp was $25,600 and the dealers discount was $2,605 which brought the price down to $22,995. That discount included the 2 JD incentives worth $500 each.

I told the salesman we were about $3000 dollars apart on the deal and if he wanted he could check with the owner and get his best deal together but at this point I have walked away from overpaying.

Sounds like I need to drive 6 hours to PA and get a good deal.
I live about 45 minutes from the PA border in Ohio.
I worked deals with three franchises near me in my state and they were all about near retail.
Called a dealer in PA and worked up some numbers on the phone, and took my current ladyfriend with me who was also interested in a 1023.
Got the TLB with 54 quick connect for just under 22k before tax although the deal may have been helped with the fact she bought her machine minutes after I closed my deal.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
:wgtt::gizmo::gizmo:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Early Model or Late Model 2018 1025R TLB

When you are shopping the 1025R TLB manufactured in 2018 lift the hood and take a look at the air cleaner assembly.
If the air cleaner is mounted on the engine intake it's most likely and early model 2018. The later model 2018 units have the air cleaner mounted on the backside of the radiator. If all the dealer has is models with the air cleaner on the engine intake cover I would insist that they retrofit it Free of Charge with the newer air cleaner assembly. You will find quite a few comments about engine damage caused by the air filter assemblies that broke the intake cover and dropped metal into the engine.
Shop all your dealers within 100 miles, get quotes from all. I passed at least 9 JD Dealers in the metro area and purchased my 1025R TLB from a dealer 1.5 hours away because of price, service incentives, and free delivery.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Finally made a deal

It took some time but I finally came to a suitable deal with my local dealer. They delivered my new 1025R TLB this afternoon. Took full advantage of the 0% interest. Purchased a front mount snow blower, RC2048, and a BB5060L.

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts
Welcome from Ontario, Canada. Looks like you did pretty well. Congrats.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts