Green Tractor Talk banner
2361 - 2380 of 2420 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
44,846 Posts
The new main frame was a good idea, cheaper then brand new land plane but still not by a lot.
Green parts has it listed for $2159.74
Keep in mind would still need the two new cutting edges for another 500.00
Close to 3K with tax to go that route.
Figures darn near the cost of a whole unit. :mad:

·
Registered
1,815 Posts

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Good decision!
Yep thats one of the major reasons I am going after them. You drive by the COE land just south of New Strawn, KS and its almost unbelieveable how many are growing wild out there. Mowing doesnt get them, fire doesnt get them. I am taking mine out before they become an issue. Our 2 trees could be hundreds if I dont stop them. My wife is pissed though

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Pulling my homemade wooden leveling drag. I tilled this field and the grass clumps have been kicking my ass. I finally gave up on trying to rake them all out and built this wooden drag out of 2x6x8 PT lumber. It has leveled out the dirt better than my metal drag or anything else I tried. I will leave the rest of the grass clumps laying on top.

Vehicle Wheel Tire Plant Wood

Wood Road surface Asphalt Flooring Floor

·
Premium Member
2,830 Posts
Had some severe T-Storms last night .
First really big and fast rainfall since I finished my ground work and started grass planting process .
With the lightning flashes late last night I could see I had water standing or rather flowing everywhere.
This morning is the big indicator of how well I was able to eyeball setting up the flow and runoff.
Actually I am very happy with the results, no major pools still standing , one or two very small minor puddles , nothing to really worry about . Overall very pleased with results.

Water Sky Plant Natural landscape Lake

Water Sky Plant Tree Natural landscape

Plant Plant community Natural landscape Tree Grass

Plant Sky Natural landscape Branch Tree

Sky Plant Tree Natural landscape Asphalt

·
Registered
9,069 Posts
We have one field that's a combo pasture and hay field. Cut hay in the spring/summer and graze in the fall and winter. The only downside is moving a string fence back and forth. Today started the spring move to block the cows out. I got the new string up and energized but ran out of steam before putting the spring gates in. It's about a 1,000 ft distance so between two strands of string and setting mostly push in posts, I got my daily walk in. Rain started showing up which we need as the ground was hard as a rock.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Continued mowing with the 5320 and MX6. Peaked after 3 hours. Back just can't take it like I used to. Supposed to be wet this week so I'll have a little rest time.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
44,846 Posts
149 ft drainage ditch, isn't pretty but once pipe is in you'll never know. I wanted to follow the curvature of the driveway but way to many BIG rocks for the little 2320/46BH...

Plant Window Road surface Tree Car
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Plant Vehicle

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Tree

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
After the last big storm one of the poly calf huts that the goats use blew into the fence & landed upside down and broke the top off. So we dipped into the building supplies from the barn. It's in their summer pen with the sides and roof tinned, but I didnt get pictures as it was getting late and we were getting hangry. I should be able to get the corner pieces this week before the next rain.

Wood Floor Flooring Waste container Building

Wood Flooring Hardwood Gas Plywood

·
Registered
277 Posts
Busy weekend with 10+ hours of seat time between mowing and demo clean up. It only took 35 minutes to have the old house on the ground. The rest of the time was on a pole saw or chainsaw.
Plant Sky Window Building Tree
Plant Fire Tree Heat Wood
Plant Plant community Leaf Tree Branch
Sky Bonfire Ecoregion Plant Cloud
Motor vehicle Wood Grass Steel casing pipe Gas
Plant Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Leaf

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Made a couple carriers for 55 gallon water/miracle grow containers for our garden this year. We don’t have running water where it’s located yet so this should help. Pumping it with a little 550gph dc pump off battery. Seems to work pretty good.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
I didn't get any more work done on the hut, but I got a picture of it with the sides & roof on, and it's final position in the pen.
I still have to add a few more 2x4s to the roof and put up the corner pieces.

Plant Tree Wood Land lot Biome

·
Registered
9,069 Posts
I didn't get any more work done on the hut, but I got a picture of it with the sides & roof on, and it's final position in the pen.
I still have to add a few more 2x4s to the roof and put up the corner pieces.

View attachment 838473
How long before the goats figure out how to get on top?

2361 - 2380 of 2420 Posts