Registered
1,266 Posts

·
Registered
5,727 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Made a soil sifter to help get some clean dirt for all the wife’s many flower pots. And then cooked fried potatoes and London broil steak on our new griddle we bought each other for our anniversary. Good day.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
44,846 Posts
Made a soil sifter to help get some clean dirt for all the wife’s many flower pots. And then cooked fried potatoes and London broil steak on our new griddle we bought each other for our anniversary.
Trailer ramp?
Happy Anniversary.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Trailer ramp?
Happy Anniversary.
Thanks! Yes. Have a rear load/side load ATV trailer. We sold our ATV’s and bought a side by side 10 years ago so I had removed the side gate and welded the gap so the trailer was more user friendly. Had the gate laying against the barn for a few years. Figured this was good use for it. Quickly threw 4 legs on it 36 and 24 inches long. When I have time I’ll add some bracing but it never flexed. Worked well just using the back of a stiff rake to work the soil back and forth through the screen.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
44,846 Posts
Had the gate laying against the barn for a few years. Figured this was good use for it. Quickly threw 4 legs on it 36 and 24 inches long. When I have time I’ll add some bracing but it never flexed. Worked well just using the back of a stiff rake to work the soil back and forth through the screen.
Nice
Connect the ramp to your new trailer you built and you can dump the rocks right into the trailer.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Nice
Connect the ramp to your new trailer you built and you can dump the rocks right into the trailer.
Not a bad idea!!

·
Registered
27,279 Posts
I do need to drive around town and find more pallets.
I wish it were that easy around here. There is a big pallet company in our nearest town who pays for used pallets and picks them up. So I have resorted to building my own to the sizes I want out of pressure treated which will last a long time.

·
Registered
3046R with 385a, 320R.
1,076 Posts
I wish it were that easy around here. There is a big pallet company in our nearest town who pays for used pallets and picks them up. So I have resorted to building my own to the sizes I want out of pressure treated which will last a long time.
Lucky for me that’s not the case. There is a foundry just down the street that puts their busted ones out frequently. I do have to pick through the pile but better than nothing. Other businesses have piles by their dumpsters as well.

·
Premium Member
9,941 Posts
The share at the bottom of the plow is what determines how wide of a furrow you are cutting, I believe that's it, if I'm wrong hopefully someone will set you on the right path.
Yes it is but it’s tougher on a one bottom. With the two bottom you can measure the straight piece between them. With one bottom you have to lay out some boards that are perpendicular to the direction of travel to figure how wide it is or just measure the furrow. Maybe that’s what you meant but otherwise the length share is the hypotenuse.

Plant Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Slope

·
Premium Member
9,941 Posts
Did not plan on it but it was perfect for planting. Also did not plan on the oldest son having half days this week because his team is in Australia and he has to work opposite hours next week. I think we switched types of seeds 9 times today and and the seed box the meter 3 time. When I did the planter I bought two boxes both with precision planting meters so it is a quick switch from the corn meter with an adjustable brush to the small sunflower seed meter.

It was nice to have the help because it is another set of eyes for making sure we always had the depth right and he just takes his time and goes slow and straight. Usually the broom corn is the hardest because it is tiny and cannot be very deep and likes to bounce out of the furrow. I never found one seed on top of the ground today so hopefully no hand planting in a couple weeks.

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Cloud

Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Sky

·
Registered
9,069 Posts
@Treefarmer
I give them a few weeks.
It may come down to how hard I push the issue. The club has second and at least one third generation members who are hunting the property and generally they are pretty good. No trash, very respectful of the property etc. but they are also paying under market price and I spend way too much time on the road, much of which runs through woodland and portions have a steep grade.

When I first acquired the property a logging operation has just finished hauling up the main road and literally I wasn't sure I could get my 4 x 4 Ford Ranger through the road. I've almost got it to the point where an ordinary car can travel it regardless of weather conditions or season unless a tree falls across the road. So it's a bit of a retraining process for the hunt club. When the road was a mess, driving through mud wasn't really a big deal because that's just what you did. Now I'm asking them to be a bit more careful, use the entire road side to side and avoid blasting through any potholes. Ultimately, if they can't understand we'll have a parting on the ways. God willing, I'm not going anywhere so it's up to them to figure it out.

·
Registered
2021 1025R, front loader, backhoe, 42" pallet forks, 60" Frontier snowpush
10 Posts
Put together a cattle panel greenhouse, and working on beds. Still a bit early to pant here in Northern Wisconsin, but want to extend the season some. I was concerned that the structure would be rickety, but turned out be super solid! Actually has been a fun project.
Plant Tree Wood Grass Gas

2381 - 2400 of 2420 Posts