Green Tractor Talk banner
2401 - 2420 of 2420 Posts

·
Registered
9,069 Posts
Put together a cattle panel greenhouse, and working on beds. Still a bit early to pant here in Northern Wisconsin, but want to extend the season some. I was concerned that the structure would be rickety, but turned out be super solid! Actually has been a fun project. View attachment 840199
That's very cool.

·
Registered
2021 1025R, front loader, backhoe, 42" pallet forks, 60" Frontier snowpush
10 Posts
Can you elaborate on the raise beds? I like those.
Sure! They came from Northern Tool. I thought they looked atrractive, and the price was reasonable when compared to current lumber prices. I think the 4x6 size was about $65. Different size options, and even a tiered one available.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
44,846 Posts
Sure! They came from Northern Tool. I thought they looked atrractive, and the price was reasonable when compared to current lumber prices. I think the 4x6 size was about $65. Different size options, and even a tiered one available.
I sent you a PM

Reactions: PJR832

·
Premium Member
7,483 Posts
Moved my sheet metal stash from under the trees to into the back shed this morning. Mostly salvage from the old shop & leftovers from the new one.

Mowed the yard with the X580 and watered the pots this afternoon.

·
Premium Member
2,830 Posts
Cleaned up storm damage tonight .
lost a pretty good size tree last
night.
Cloud Sky Plant Tree Natural landscape

Plant Sky Plant community Tree Natural landscape

Plant Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood

Plant Sky Tree Natural landscape Land lot

Plant Wood Fawn Grass Trunk

Wheel Tire Vehicle Tractor Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Tractor

Sky Green Land lot Agricultural machinery Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Plant Sky

·
Registered
9,069 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Put together a cattle panel greenhouse, and working on beds. Still a bit early to pant here in Northern Wisconsin, but want to extend the season some. I was concerned that the structure would be rickety, but turned out be super solid! Actually has been a fun project. View attachment 840199
Can you elaborate on the raise beds? I like those.

very nice I am doing something similar Rural King has "water troughs" with out the bottoms in them for this purpose. IMO it s a nice clean look. I am thinking of raising mine and using pallets for the floor with my leftover geotextile fabric over that to contain the dirt. No bending over that way, getting old, LOL.

·
Premium Member
2,830 Posts
Thanks . Treefarmer
Yep , it all went pretty quick.
I snapped a pic this morning in light of it now
But my pic posting buttons are locked .
Must have posted to many pics or something. Lol

·
Registered
447 Posts
I had my rotator cuff repaired last week so I am home for 6-8 weeks. Today I layed out all my outlets in the shop, mounted the boxes and started running wire to them. I put a box on every other stud, 32"s in-between, to many? never heard anyone say I wish I had less outlets.
I also am wiring them 3 circuits per wall so I am using 3 times the wire but I will never plug 2 tools into the same circuit this way. All 20 amp circuits 3 outlets per circuit. Oh and this is all materials purchased the last several years and are leftovers from rehabs I have done.
Insulation and then my guy will drywall. Yes I like drywall in my shops, painted all pretty. Most of the lower walls will be covered by cabinets or shop equipment so I do not work about holes. Hopefully by the time 6 weeks is up I will be done.
Wife has said do not bother going back to work and re-retire but I am enjoying the job, the commute is only 1 mile round trip and the money sits in the bank for future things.
I am going slow and easy.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
44,846 Posts
very nice I am doing something similar Rural King has "water troughs" with out the bottoms in them for this purpose. IMO it s a nice clean look.
We ordered 4 units like Rico's from Northern Tool, $59.99 each plus $103 for shipping plus tax.
I found a $20 coupon online and I paid the $39.99 membership fee for free shipping for a year. Total with tax $280.75

·
Premium Member
2,830 Posts
Ah there my pic button is back . Lol
Sky Plant Tree Cloud Natural landscape

Sky Cloud Tree Natural landscape Grass

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
How about a little more info on how you constructed your greenhouse. Like the idea. Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,483 Posts
Cleaned up the brush pile:

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

For use in the garden paths, darker path has older chips:

Plant Land lot Mesh Fence Composite material

A future project that I'll have to hire out:

Plant Sky Tree Green Natural landscape

Ash tree that is dying, most likely Emerald Ash Borers. Both trunks are 32" plus in diameter @ 4' off the ground, north (left) one will have to be pieced down, south side can be dropped whole.

Lots of good firewood in it, even 2-3 saw logs if somebody wants them. Squirrels will not be happy!

Attachments

2401 - 2420 of 2420 Posts