Green Tractor Talk banner
2581 - 2600 of 2638 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Pond guys finished fixing the overflow pipe and filling the backside of the dam back in,
I had them clear me a trail so I could get my gator down to the back side the dam and keep a better eye on the overflow pipe make sure it’s flowing properly.
Sky Plant Road surface Asphalt Natural landscape

Plant Natural landscape Land lot Twig Thoroughfare

Plant Tree Natural landscape Terrestrial plant Trunk

Plant Natural landscape Shade Tree Road surface

Plant Plant community Bedrock Fluvial landforms of streams Natural landscape

Water resources Sky Plant Natural landscape Road surface

Plant Sky Natural landscape Shade Shrub

Plant Bedrock Watercourse Groundcover Geological phenomenon

Water Plant Ecoregion Tree Sky

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Few more of finished dam and spillway project.
Plant Sky Plant community Shade Road surface

Plant community Plant Natural landscape Road surface Tree

Plant Sky Tree Natural landscape Land lot

Vertebrate Water Plant Road surface Mammal

Plant Plant community Natural landscape Tree Road surface

Sky Plant Natural landscape Road surface Land lot

·
Registered
New 4044R cab, MX6 Cutter, 440 FEL, Aftermarket mirrors
347 Posts
It finally cooled off enough for me to finish the front yard project. It was dark by the time I got it done and all the mess cleaned up. Maybe pictures tomorrow after church... If I can remember.

Edit:
So... This was here when we bought the house 15 yes ago (minus the tree, we planted in memory of our first child). It was done poorly, with no base to support the wall. It's been a headache from day one. I threatened to tear it out completely. Wife wanted to plant the dwarf crabapple for Rylee, so I that nixed removing it. Mowing around it has been a pain. The whole wall was leaning out, instead of in like it should. (Oh, and we've buried two family pets inside the wall since moving in...) So rebuilding was tricky. Couldn't just peel all the dirt out and start over. Had to be strategic. In this heat. That was fun. The wagon wheel thingy at the porch was embedded right behind the flag pole. It had to go... Now I can mow, trim around it easy. Should last my lifetime now. May be buried in it myself. (Small can of ashes won't take up much room!)

Plant Window Property Brickwork Brick

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
Maybe but no vegetables. Behind the water hose my neighbor has four big gardens of vegetables and the barter system is very strong.

·
Registered
27,510 Posts
Back in 2008 when we put our garage in I needed 15 yards of topsoil, the contractor brought in pond dredge. We didn’t pay much more than trucking so it was a deal, but it wasn’t conducive to growing much more than weeds for the first year. Several doses of lawn food and at least one overseeding (that I remember) and it finally produced some nice lawn the second year.

That has been my only experience with “pond dirt”
Reminds me of when I worked for the state. We used to spend a lot of time cleaning ditches. On a typical day we would have 10-15 single axle loads.

People would come out of the woodwork wanting the loads. Nice for us giving us a short haul. But the muck was horrible - like you say all it would grow is weeds.

And go by these places a year or two later and the piles we dropped still in the same place. People had to have something for nothing but had no intention of using it anyway.

·
Premium Member
Tator
17,064 Posts
We used to spend a lot of time cleaning ditches.
Three years ago the county cleaned the ditches on our road. We asked for about a dozen loads and used it to raise a level the area around the machinery shed. About a month after I graded it it was like concrete, at least I found one good use for ditch dirt, pond dirt is similar IMO.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
I put the flail mower on and cut the trails and the smaller horse pasture. It was hot, so I didn't get any action pictures. It's easy to forget how much brush I put there until I started mowing by it, I left a lot uncut by the burn pile...

Plant Sky Plant community Tree Natural landscape

Tire Wheel Plant Tractor Window

·
Registered
347 Posts
Got the girls (my 15 yr old, and BIL's soon to be 16 yr old) hauling hay out of the fields, staging to haul it to the barns. Got them both moving at snails pace to minimize risks. They're both new to tractors.

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Tractor

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Tractor
Sky Plant People in nature Natural landscape Rectangle

Wheel Tire Plant Ecoregion Vehicle

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
'Just helped a friend remove a bunch of overgrown shrubs at a house he just bought. When we finished, he grabbed his fishing equipment, looking forward to a little relaxation. Unfortunately, his knife slipped trying to open one of those plastic blister packs on new hardware, cutting a wrist artery. A short time later at the ER, a nurse told us the injury had been wrapped well. I told her "It's not our first rodeo."

(Blood loss was minimal and everything's fine.)

·
Registered
347 Posts
'Just helped a friend remove a bunch of overgrown shrubs at a house he just bought. When we finished, he grabbed his fishing equipment, looking forward to a little relaxation. Unfortunately, his knife slipped trying to open one of those plastic blister packs on new hardware, cutting a wrist artery. A short time later at the ER, a nurse told us the injury had been wrapped well. I told her "It's not our first rodeo."

(Blood loss was minimal and everything's fine.)
Been there. Done that. Have scars to prove it. Good to have close friends that ain't afraid of a lil blood. Glad he was ok

·
Registered
347 Posts
Installed the countertops, maybe get a coat of paint an all the cabinets this week and wrap this project up. Also need to get the MOPAR logo painted on the wall and some signs hung. Mid to high 90's rest of week so more than likely going to paint the master bath.

View attachment 846618 View attachment 846619
Lookin good! Nice use of reclaimed cabinetry! That'll give all kinda storage space.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Yesterday only tractor time was using Johny 4 to launch the wave runners for the kids .
Overall had a nice relaxing day, cooked out by the pool, I shaded up most of the day.
Water Sky Boat Watercraft Tree

Tire Wheel Plant Water Vehicle

Tire Wheel Plant Water Vehicle

Wheel Tire Plant Sky Vehicle

Tire Wheel Sky Plant Vehicle

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Plant

Water Sky Watercraft Boat Natural landscape

Water Watercraft Plant Sky Tree

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Lots of mowing!
That hill side doesn't look like something I'd like, lol.
Yea, lots and lot of mowing, I mowed the big open areas Friday night with the batwing, and spent about 4+ hours Saturday between the 3046R and the X758 trimming and mowing the rest.
That ditch bank is very steep, only my X758 can hold it with its all wheel drive system and those Carlisle turf radials. I also have it weighted on the front and in the rear with an i-match on the back that I lower all the way down.
I had to bypass the seat's kill switch so I could set up on the up hill edge of the seat.
The X758 is real mountain goat of a mower.
Nothing else I have had, has been able to hold those steep banks like the X758 does.
I was driving the gator in the bottom of the dich when I took those shots, trying to show just how steep it is.
I know steep stuff doesn't always show on camera very well.

2581 - 2600 of 2638 Posts