Green Tractor Talk banner

621 - 640 of 677 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
I took a look at it. Do you have a favorite flavor. Our lake here is mud bottomed, lots of mud cats, few blues, or channel, never knew the difference.

·
Registered
332 Posts
This morning was 69 at the farm when I arrived. For August 1 this is a blessing. Took the opportunity to remove the big sprayer from the 5320 and actually put the old Howse 7' 3pt mower on. I need to mow all the fence lines and some tighter areas that the MX 8 is just too difficult to maneuver in. She worked like a champ. Back at it tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Worked on cleaning up a hackberry tree in the yard. Actually it was a hackberry, poplar, cherry, white pine as the hackberry broke off about 20' up and was laying across the others until it came down within reach a couple of weeks ago. I cut it back far enough so I could safely drop the tree but then was left with a lot of mess.

790 and grapple, dump trailer and a McKissick chipper helped quite a bit but even with those it was a pretty good workout. Without them it would have been a multi-day job but I've got just a bit more to do, less than a trailer load left.

I would have finished before now but my first grab with the grapple blew a bucket hydraulic hose and I had to get one made. It didn't look bad, wasn't frayed or weathered but split just above the swage on the bottom fitting. Fortunately I didn't lose much fluid but did lose quite a bit of time.

The local NAPA store made it- I'll check JD for the other side just to compare prices. Hydraulic hoses used to be relatively inexpensive- not so any more. Oh well, they could make it today and get me going again. Even if JD was less expensive, I'd have been down and out until at least Monday.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Built a screener and started screening some dirt for fine tuning the W side

The 1025R does NOT make a good soil screening machine. It has pitiful lift height. That said, I was able to mess around and get some seat time. Screening soil doesn’t seem like a shortcut. It makes a big mess but the finish product is suitable to throw around and blade so luckily I only got around 30 yards to screen.

·
Registered
483 Posts

This morning I sprayed chelated iron in The Park with my 40 gal boom sprayer.
Turf is about 27,000sf in this area.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
More screening today. Got the pile gone, and spread out the fines. There’s the issue now of the 10 yards of debris left

I might screen it again and then burn it. Too dusty so I called it a day and went in to wash the 20 dollar boogers outta my nose. Another Kirkland tshirt from Costco donated to the garage rag bin

·
Registered
658 Posts
I took a walk with my bride this afternoon, returned just before the SpaceX capsule splashdown on TV, reminiscent of our younger years for both of us(both Baby Boomers and veteran TV watchers of Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, and Skylab missions). I took a rolling recon on my older ATV, found a tree down that will make great firepit wood. We burned a small fire to get rid of some brush and non-recyclable rubbish.

Tomorrow it will be back in the seat to finish the mowing that didn't get finished before the rain/lightening drove me from the field yesterday afternoon. I mowed a couple of more passes in the sprinkling rain; when I saw the first lightening bolt, I remembered the Daily Safety Note thread and guessed that even with eight rubber wheels on the ground, I would not want to experience a lightening strike while mowing- not yesterday, today, or ever,

Brian

·
Registered
21 Posts
Keep up with maintenance of my John Deere and feed 2 cattles. Feed and water everyday. Have a field to make hay for my cows. And mow weeds down if it's growing around the field with my tractor. Other than that, when not in the cab. Usually be with my family hanging around. When my wife and son are gone. I hang around in the tractor shed garage. Cleaning and organizing my cab. Checking in her oil and others.
My everyday routine is being out on the road. Drive for 10 hours, take a 19 hour break, and do the same thing over and over. When I'm at home, that's when I'm driving the tractor and yard work.

·
Registered
23,313 Posts
My everyday routine is being out on the road. Drive for 10 hours, take a 19 hour break, and do the same thing over and over. When I'm at home, that's when I'm driving the tractor and yard work
That’s how I was when working pulling the mail trailer. When not doing that I had my little lawn service business. When not doing that I was taking care of my own place. One way or another I was burning fuel all day long - and some nights in the sleeper to keep cool or warm.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mowing and bushing hogging with bulging disk pressing against my sciatic nerve in my back. I was able to take a little gator time to
marked some prickly pear cactus for spraying and looked at the soybeans. In the sandy dirt we are starting to a little potassium deficiency on the edges of the field but a dose of potash and watering should take of it.

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Mowing and bushing hogging with bulging disk pressing against my sciatic nerve in my back. I was able to take a little gator time to View attachment 749214 View attachment 749215 marked some prickly pear cactus for spraying and looked at the soybeans. In the sandy dirt we are starting to a little potassium deficiency on the edges of the field but a dose of potash and watering should take of it.
Very pretty field but I don't see any hills to go with your handle.

Treefarmer

621 - 640 of 677 Posts