Green Tractor Talk banner

981 - 1000 of 1047 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
I used a bunch of concrete blocks for filler in the last 50 ft or so. Broke them up and used them to fill in between the rocks. Biggest issue for me is getting smaller rocks to fill in between larger rocks and on the top of the wall.

I helped my neighbor to the north of me on his farm last spring pick rocks from his fields. The deal was I'd help but he had to give me the rocks.

He thought that was a great deal. I did too, a win-win situation.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Moved more brush/logs to the burn pile. Got to test out the quick hitch with the ballast box. Shout out to @Green3520 for the used ballast box. Some new steel, a fresh coat of paint, & 300 lbs of scrap metal + 5 log / tow chains and I feel better about moving the heavy stuff.

·
Premium Member
3,445 Posts
Still waiting on the scale tickets to come through but the cut field I'm standing in looks at about 45 bu/acre. I think the field the combines are running will cut better than 50.
Not bad! Especially with the bean prices now!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
This weekend, we built an "add-on" implement shed on the front of our small shop. It will protect the equipment we most likely won't use during the winter: grapple, tiller, brush hog. The bucket is sitting there while we are using the pallet forks.

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yesterday, my father-in-law and I dug out an area 11'x13'x 6" for our new shed with nothing more than a couple of shovels and a 54 blade on my 425 with the trip locked. Today we laid 30' of 1" conduit to the site with the same machine and a subsoiler. I had to go slow and dig an inch or two at a time, but it got the job done! I think he was amazed at what the "little tractor" could do! He has a D110 that he uses for mowing, but has never seen one of these garden tractors in action ;). It's not the fastest way to get things done, but it certainly saved a lot of back breaking labor!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Busy week here on the farm. Sold the soybeans. Jasmine rice check came in yesterday. Fall colors, harvest and a lot of hard labor but it is fulfilling to say the least. Put front shocks on the gator and installed part of a gorilla lift kit on the trailer. Note the pics of the trees. Ginko, Dogwood & a Japanese Maple. The animals are my new rooster "Too Tall" and one of my cats named "Piss". Her sister "Vinegear" is close by. I am completely ready to our 35 day deer season which starts next Saturday. I'll hunt the first nine days and squeeze in some fishing on the river too.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hello, I dont have farmland for now but want to lease in Europe and Middle East, especially interested in govt owned lands. Have made an application for a 75 acres and waiting. If they give me this plot, I will apply for some other plots.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Finally putting my plan into fruition.
The whole reason for the tractor was to maintain this land.
Broke ground on our "vacation home" in the stix this week. Even the well guys showed up and drilled me a hole.
I'm amazed that my wife has went along with my shenanigans. Half house / half shop...all fun!
Resized_20201209_144715.jpg
Resized_20201209_144458.jpg
20201211_091533.jpg

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
That (pic #5) looks kind of big for a post hole?

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Wasn't joking. ;) That doesn't look like the well-drilling rigs that I see around here.

And, you're right - that is a BIG _ _ _ hole!!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Finally putting my plan into fruition.
The whole reason for the tractor was to maintain this land.
Broke ground on our "vacation home" in the stix this week. Even the well guys showed up and drilled me a hole.
I'm amazed that my wife has went along with my shenanigans. Half house / half shop...all fun!
This should be on it's own thread!

981 - 1000 of 1047 Posts