Green Tractor Talk banner

1201 - 1220 of 1288 Posts

·
Registered
2020 1025R
26 Posts
Into this:

Gotta be a little careful getting any closer to the creek as it's super soft any closer. Now all I have to do is clean up the remaining roots, smooth it out a bit, rak up all the d*mn gumballs then plant some grass and I've added about 20% to the yard.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk
That's very, very different from our prescribed forestry fires. I wouldn't want to be downwind of a head fire in that field. I'll bet it really moves fast.

Treefarmer

·
Premium Member
Tator
15,617 Posts
Turned this mess in the barnyard

Into this

And some action shots

And then fed another bale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Tator
15,617 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Just smoothing out some ground.

I use the word smooth because level isn't attainable for me.
I have to till in one direction, then diagonal, then the other direction. Lift tiller, connect drag, and repeat.
My target is smooth enough I can drive the tractor over it wide open in mid range without the seat hitting bottom on the bounce. That will allow me to mow at the fastest speed it will cut clean. Should reduce the mowing time quite a bit when I get the whole place done.

·
Registered
678 Posts
My Daughter, her Husband, my son and his wife went up on my hill property and hid plastic Easter eggs around my plantation of 1400 Norway Spruce trees on Saturday. Sunday morning my wife and I went along with everyone including Grandchildren and our Great Grandson for an Easter egg hunt. The eggs all contained candy and some had $1.00 bills except for one golden egg which had a $5.00 bill in it. Five kids tearing around looking for over two hundred eggs. They had a ball and we had as much or more fun watching them collect the eggs. A final count showed they had found them all.
We've enjoyed watching these trees grow from tiny seedlings planted in 2009 to where some of the trees are 12' tall. They provide bedding area for deer and a wind screen as well taking up about four acres where there was nothing but Honeysuckle and Hawthorn bushes before I pulled the bushes out and burned them before planting the trees. They also border a 16 acre corn field or Alfalfa field depending on crop rotation cycles, some deer food plots and open lands.
Lynn

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
My little farmer girl got started working up where we are going to plant rice this year. BTW those black specks are buffalo gnats.They are bad right now. View attachment 781706 View attachment 781707
I'll show my ignorance about rice production. Do you flood the field at any point during the growing season or is that something that's done on small scale paddies?

You've got a heck of a nice field. There are very few that large in our area.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
143 Posts

Almost cleaned-up.

i cut down one leader-limb and i stood on it to reach the other two leader-limbs. used almost 1 1/2 batteries.
they were 8ft in the air.. then i cut off another 4 ft of the stump.. we'll leave 4-5 ft of the stump in the pasture for a short time in case we think of a use for it, like a temporary fence post.
imma eat lunch before it cut her up.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'll show my ignorance about rice production. Do you flood the field at any point during the growing season or is that something that's done on small scale paddies?

You've got a heck of a nice field. There are very few that large in our area.

Treefarmer
Once it spouts it will be sprayed with herbicide, then fertilized. Then it will be flooded through a system of levees. Water will stay on it until it ripens around September. I'll post more pics as it progresses.

·
Registered
402 Posts
View attachment 781777 View attachment 781778 View attachment 781779 View attachment 781780 View attachment 781781 View attachment 781782

Almost cleaned-up.

View attachment 781783 View attachment 781784
i cut down one leader-limb and i stood on it to reach the other two leader-limbs. used almost 1 1/2 batteries.
they were 8ft in the air.. then i cut off another 4 ft of the stump.. we'll leave 4-5 ft of the stump in the pasture for a short time in case we think of a use for it, like a temporary fence post.
imma eat lunch before it cut her up.
Hi MachoDrone,
Just curious. What tribe might this be?

1201 - 1220 of 1288 Posts