Green Tractor Talk banner
1661 - 1680 of 1688 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Got to try out the new to me 3046R
Setup the mower deck cut height and put it work ,

While I was out testing out the 3046R mowing .

I spotted our bald eagle, and snapped a few pics , he seems to like fishing my pond as much as we do .
Such a beautiful bird . Wish I had more then my l-phone x with me.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Day 3 of building , Buddies and beer. Roof sheathing almost complete. Roofing comes next. Lost one of our volunteers yesterday to something more important to him...................College football View attachment 802883 View attachment 802883 ! Old guys rock.
Day 4 yesterday and project is ready for roofing siding and slab. Day off to have some recreational activity (fly fish) and some beers. I didn't retire to work every day! Ol
Plant Sky Building Window Tree
Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood
d guys rock!

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Someone was throwing this picnic table away. I put some new fasteners in. Gave it a mild sanding to get splinters off and put a sealer on.

Wheel Plant Vehicle Tree Tire

Wheel Tire Plant Road surface Automotive tire

Plant Tree Wood Grass Groundcover

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Nice save! (y)

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
It is time to shut down the pool, but we had the old liner removed and a new one installed before closing. After we get the pool filled with aprox 25,700 gallons of water and get the water properly treated, it will be ready to close and put the cover on until next Spring.

Before:
Water Water resources Blue Azure Liquid

After:
Water Sky Blue Swimming pool Fluid

Of course, the JD got to get in on the action, too.
Plant Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Plant Sky White Tree Grass

Next up, heading to the deer woods to do some brush hogging, hopefully soon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Vert very clean old 4440. Awesome !!!
What a beautiful machine.

I grew up running one just like it .
It is just crazy what a clean 4440 cost now days .
The low hour say under 2000 hours super clean condition machines are bringing more then we paid new for them 40 years ago.
That generation 40/50/55/60 are legendary Deere tractors ,
Thanks. It has just over 5k hours. My dad found it up in IL last summer & we brought it down to GA. It has been a great machine. It is very solid & so much easier to work on than the new machines.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I spent yesterday in the crawl space running a few hundred feet of network cabling up into the main floor walls and out to the exterior equipment area to prepare for future smart home gadgets. I also went into the garage attic to add a couple of ceiling outlets. I'll eventually install more cameras, add intelligence to both the pool & irrigation controls, and add more hardwired network access points to improve wifi coverage. I'm getting the most difficult parts done now in case I feel older and lazier later on.

Next week I'm having five yards of sand delivered. It'll be spread across the lawn to give the southern grasses a chance to establish new roots and come in thicker next spring. I'm sure glad to have a Brinly 10 cu ft dump cart for transport. I tried once (years ago) with a wheel barrow and that was not a pleasant experience.

Wiring Tip: To run wires into walls from below, mark the spot by using a long 1/8" drill bit. Drill through the drywall at the steepest possible angle, just above the baseboard. Then, locate the tip of the bit from below, and drill a larger hole for your wires just behind where the bit protrudes. This keeps everything inside the wall cavity. The minor drywall damage is easy to patch.

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Finally dried out enough to resume moving the dirt pies that came out of the pond . The pies are still wet but I can get too them without rutting the yard .
Water Plant Water resources Plant community Sky
Plant Plant community Sky Hood Natural environment
Water Plant Water resources Plant community Tree

Johnny 5 still has its grapple on , Johnny 4 had bucket on so Johnny 4 got to move a little dirt tonight . Johnny 4 hit the 200 hour mark tonight . Time for service .
Speedometer Odometer Green Gauge Trip computer

·
Premium Member
12,668 Posts
Did a little cutting on the back 40.

Plant Plant community Motor vehicle Tree Vehicle

That corner section in the top of the picture is a honey hole for deer.

Plant Sky Natural landscape Tree Branch

That opening is 250 yards from one of my deer stands. Hard to see in the picture, but there is a doe on the top of the ridge in the center and two more on the left side.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Built and installed the beams for the front porch roof. sided the house, got to the last row, wife says I would like a front porch. Off comes the siding. Build a deck and roof. Just glad she didn't wait till the new roof was on. The "trusses" I saved from the garage I torn down to build my new shop, so some is recycled.

Building Wood Cloud Shade Tree
Wood Beam Wood stain Hardwood Tints and shades
Wood Fixture Building Vehicle Hardwood
Window Plant Sky Wood Tree
Window Land lot Porch Shade Building

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Moved dirt all weekend. Again .
Finally got the 1st of 8 massive piles moved .
Water Sky Plant Water resources Natural landscape

Water Plant Sky Tree Grass

Plant Sky Land lot Tree Grass
Sky Plant Motor vehicle Land lot Tree

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Here’s some of the after pics from moving pile number 1 . Majority went back into the washed out area/ravine beside the dam. Some went to continued build up of the pond banks . There is a lot more work to do.
Sky Plant Tree Natural landscape Land lot
Water Plant Sky Tree Natural landscape
Sky Plant Ecoregion Tree Natural landscape
Water Sky Water resources Plant Ecoregion
Water Sky Water resources Natural landscape Tree
Sky Plant Natural landscape Tree Bedrock
Plant Bedrock Road surface Groundcover Grass

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,300 Posts
Here’s some of the after pics from moving pile number 1
A lot of work.
I like tractor time like anyone else but I'd have to pass on all that work.

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
A lot of work.
I like tractor time like anyone else but I'd have to pass on all that work.
Yea, my back, shoulders and elbow are all feeling that last 30-40 hours of tractor time this past couple weeks. Last weekend alone was about 16 hours. You would think having an air ride seat LSS on my loader, and a big radial tires on a 5 series would make that a piece of cake, I guess I am getting old and my right arm is really feeling that constant joystick movements.
I think the back and shoulder thing is just from non-stop hours on end bouncing around in the cab.
It is defiantly different from the 14 hour days I spent running tractors tilling in the fields back on the farm.
I don't think it was just because I was 20-30 years younger, I think I am figuring out there is lot more going on in loader work vs pulling a field implement hours on end.

Still loving it though.
I am almost a little worried, as to what I am going to do, once I get it all done. LOL

1661 - 1680 of 1688 Posts