Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everyone having for Easter dinner today? Here's what my family will be enjoying today...

Spiral Ham
Crispy Potato Wedges
Homemade Gravy
Avocado Deviled Eggs
Apple Pie

Well...that's what I know I'm making so far. I'm sure I'll add a couple more side dishes before it's over. Not quite sure of what yet but I'll figure that out. Happy Easter Everyone!

BigK

·
Corndog Hater
11,243 Posts
I'm not sure of the entire menu. I do know there will be ham, the cheesy potatoes I'm making, and asparagus casserole was also mentioned. Probably should add an adult beverage to the menu to deal with the bickering kids.:lol:

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
What's everyone having for Easter dinner today? Here's what my family will be enjoying today...

Spiral Ham
Crispy Potato Wedges
Homemade Gravy
Avocado Deviled Eggs
Apple Pie

Well...that's what I know I'm making so far. I'm sure I'll add a couple more side dishes before it's over. Not quite sure of what yet but I'll figure that out. Happy Easter Everyone!

BigK

Avocado Deviled Eggs? Is that recipe in our GTT Cook Book?

I think we're having

Pot Roast & Gravy
Deviled Eggs,
Carrots and some other stuff
Frozen Desert/salad (YUM...good! And It IS in the Cook Book!)

·
Registered
763 Posts
Spiral-cut ham
Twice-baked potatoes
Roasted Asparagus
Broccoli/cauliflower salad
Home-made cranberry sauce

My parents, two (of three) children and five (of eight) grandkids will be joining us.

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
:laugh: we had our Easter meal yesterday-
Cooked ham-Giant eagle on sale-.89 cents per pound
mashed taters-red
ham gravy:fed:
doctored up baked beans
deviled eggs
noodles
corn
sweet potato's with maple syrup on em
some kind of vanilla pudding whipped up cake-me-i thought it was yuckly
2 homemade 3 berry pies
rolls
aw most forgot some jello with peaches thrown in
adults-9-one female carrying my grand daughter:laugh:
and one 14 yr old
2 dogs and 2 cats:lol:

·
Registered
763 Posts
Spiral-cut ham
Twice-baked potatoes
Roasted Asparagus
Broccoli/cauliflower salad
Home-made cranberry sauce

My parents, two (of three) children and five (of eight) grandkids will be joining us.
:bigthumb:The meal was excellent. My wife made an audible just before serving, and the broccoli/cauliflower salad turned into steamed broccoli and cauliflower with spicy cheese sauce....yum. The requisite dinner rolls were present, the ham was perfect, and having the family over was priceless. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
589 Posts
Ham. Smokey, not sweet.
Rolls
Rye bread
Spinach salad
Deviled eggs
Bowtie pasta with pesto and ranch dressing marinade

Various appetizers and at least five different desserts. Hope everybody had a splendid Easter.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
We had leftover spaghetti!! :laugh:

But, Sweetie's son came for a visit. He and his wife live about 90 minutes from us so we see them fairly often, but not often enough. And, on Saturday, I traveled 90 minutes each way to visit one of my daughters and have brunch with her. So, in spite of the leftover spaghetti, it was still a nice Easter weekend.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Who needs all that fancy stuff when you can have taco salad Easter. Nice and simple. Hamburger, taco seasoning, hard shells crushed up, lettuce, tomato and some spicy Verde sauce. What says Easter like taco salad. :lol:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,028 Posts
Who needs all that fancy stuff when you can have taco salad Easter. Nice and simple. Hamburger, taco seasoning, hard shells crushed up, lettuce, tomato and some spicy Verde sauce. What says Easter like taco salad. :lol:
Couple years ago we had grilled hamburgers and hotdogs, potato salad, macaroni salad and baked beans. Best ever. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
:eat: :fed: oh-boy now ur talking some good eating there. i just love when the wife makes that-good i say!!!!!!!!!!!

Couple years ago we had grilled hamburgers and hotdogs, potato salad, macaroni salad and baked beans. Best ever. :thumbup1gif:
:good2: i've been know to try that to -gizmo2-except the macaroni salad:nunu:i only eat potato salad here for me that is:laugh: nuthing wrong with a meal like this--uh-huh:mocking:

·
Registered
530 Posts
We had ham with sweet potatos. Apple and cranberry salad and a bunch of snacks and dips.

I remember one year when my parents were still hosting the holiday meals mom mad ethe usual ham but dad had a friend who raised rabbits. So he decided to buy two domestic rabbits from him and cook them too. Our boys were still in school. The oldest brought his girlfriend ( now his wife ) to dinner. She commented on how good the chicken was. Dad told her it was rabbit. She turned kind of pale and said " isn't that sacrilegious to eat rabbit on Easter ". We still get a laugh out of the story every Easter.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts