Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2520. It only has the two circuits on the SCV. I'm considering adding a grapple and that would obviously require a 3rd circuit. What are the standard options for adding a 3rd function? Would love a brief overview of how complicated it is to add each type and rough cost.

If there is an existing thread out there that covers this well feel free to point me to it.

Thanks!
Rob

·
Administrator
22,406 Posts
The Artillian diverter kit is the easiest to add to your loader, lots of threads on them.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Diverter and grapple are a great upgrade. I should have done mine sooner. Watch a couple of videos, Tractor Time with Tim has a good one.

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just curious if there’s a reason people don’t run a line from their rear hydraulics to the loader and use one of those valves? Is it just the inconvenience of using a different lever off the loader joystick?

·
Administrator
22,406 Posts
Just curious if there’s a reason people don’t run a line from their rear hydraulics to the loader and use one of those valves? Is it just the inconvenience of using a different lever off the loader joystick?
Maybe he doesn't have rear hydraulics? Not many 2520's do.

Reactions: MattL

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My 2520 only has a single SCV with two circuits. There are no hydraulics in the rear. I wouldn't mind having a circuit back there too, to add tilt and top angle adjustments, but the only thing I'd use it for is my box blade and I only use that once a year. Not worth the investment. The grapple though, would be pretty useful.

Rob

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
I installed the Artillian kit also. Super easy to do.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
With the diverter kit then... You press the button and the curl function changes to control the grapple, release it and the function is back to curl? Which circuit (curl or raise/lower) do folks usually divert?

·
Administrator
22,406 Posts
Most of the time it's the dump/curl circuit that is diverted, and yes the switch is momentary so while you're holding the switch the left/right movement of the joystick opens and closes the grapple. Easy peasy.

Reactions: MattL

·
Registered
334 Posts
No mention of the TTWT summit kit? When I decide to pull the trigger on a grapple, I was leaning toward adding the rear remotes for the hydraulic top link at the same time. This is going to be an expensive proposition as I need to add the power beyond, which is $500+ for my 2025r.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
709 Posts
I don't have a grapple but do have a 2038r with rear SCVs. I only have 1 right arm and hand so the thought of trying to lift a load while applying hydraulic pressure seems damn near impossible. I suppose it could work but seeing as how on TTWT he is always saying you have to keep applying more pressure as you lift with the grapple that would be a hell of a dance with two levers.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No mention of the TTWT summit kit? When I decide to pull the trigger on a grapple, I was leaning toward adding the rear remotes for the hydraulic top link at the same time. This is going to be an expensive proposition as I need to add the power beyond, which is $500+ for my 2025r.
They seem to require a power beyond capability, which a 2520 doesn't have.

·
Administrator
22,406 Posts
They seem to require a power beyond capability, which a MY 2520 doesn't have.
Just a correction your statement, a 2520 can certainly be equipped with PB, it's what would power a backhoe. If you are remotely thinking about adding a TnT setup, this may be the best route.

Reactions: MattL and coaltrain

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
True enough. Not worth the expense in my case at this time.

·
Registered
52 Posts
With the diverter kit then... You press the button and the curl function changes to control the grapple, release it and the function is back to curl? Which circuit (curl or raise/lower) do folks usually divert?
The Artillian diverter comes with a button you're supposed to zip tie to the joystick. I bought an aftermarket joystick ball that had a button built in and spliced it into the Artillian system for a better look.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK, so I'm re-thinking the power beyond situation. I found the pinned post about adding it to the 2520 cheaply at the top of this forum (which I'm unsure how I never noticed before). If I added PB, which I understand to be a different type of circuit with constant flow, what is involved with adding the right controls and valves to get it to work with a grapple? Or with a hydraulic top link?

Thanks,
Rob

·
Premium Member
3,632 Posts
I don't have a grapple but do have a 2038r with rear SCVs. I only have 1 right arm and hand so the thought of trying to lift a load while applying hydraulic pressure seems damn near impossible. I suppose it could work but seeing as how on TTWT he is always saying you have to keep applying more pressure as you lift with the grapple that would be a hell of a dance with two levers.
on the 2038R the best way too go in my mind is the WRLong third function kit. I installed mine in under one hour and it replaces the SVC knob and works great. i am even thinking og updating my single point to a 6 junction.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bumping back up for my question about how to set things up for a grapple if you have a power beyond...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.