22,665 Posts
This is a great kit:

Reactions: Tractor Tim

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
OK, so if I'm following correctly, one option is:

Add power beyond kit to 2520, then a multi-circuit SCV, which would give me rear SCV circuits that could be used for top link and tilt or could be run to the front for a grapple?

Using tips in this thread to make my own power beyond (probably for under $200 in today's dollars):

Or buying Deere's official power beyond kit for the 2520 (BLV10381) for around $500.

And then TTWT's two port rear hydraulics kit for around $750:

All in, around $1000 for a power beyond setup with two more SCV circuits.

It seems like that would be a more useful solution than the electrically switched 3rd function situation. Not significantly different in price but gets two circuits instead of one and dedicated so all functions remain live without switching.

Or am I horribly misunderstanding the situation?

I thought the power beyond stuff was close to a grand by itself, not including the SCV circuits, which is why I dismissed it initially.

Rob

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
OK, so if I'm following correctly, one option is:

Add power beyond kit to 2520, then a multi-circuit SCV, which would give me rear SCV circuits that could be used for top link and tilt or could be run to the front for a grapple?

Using tips in this thread to make my own power beyond (probably for under $200 in today's dollars):

Or buying Deere's official power beyond kit for the 2520 (BLV10381) for around $500.

And then TTWT's two port rear hydraulics kit for around $750:

All in, around $1000 for a power beyond setup with two more SCV circuits.

It seems like that would be a more useful solution than the electrically switched 3rd function situation. Not significantly different in price but gets two circuits instead of one and dedicated so all functions remain live without switching.

Or am I horribly misunderstanding the situation?

I thought the power beyond stuff was close to a grand by itself, not including the SCV circuits, which is why I dismissed it initially.

Rob
There is another version of the same kit which provides a joystick control as well as the hoses and couplers to run all the way to the front loader.
http://summit-hydraulics.com/ttwt use code ttwt for 5% off.

Overall, looks like your understanding is correct.

Tim

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.