Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 3456 Posts

·
Administrator
20,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm borrowing this idea from another forum I'm a member of, but I think it's a great idea for GTT. :thumbup1gif:

I got some new speakers for my new computer. I can finally hear videos now! :mocking:

So, what's making you smile today?

·
Super Moderator
7,803 Posts
So I'm borrowing this idea from another forum I'm a member of, but I think it's a great idea for GTT. :thumbup1gif:

I got some new speakers for my new computer. I can finally hear videos now! :mocking:

So, what's making you smile today?
Sleeping in my own bed last night. Having breakfast with Ms. SGS this morning. Looking forward to visiting with Mikey the Bartender tonight. Ms. SGS and I are going to a local place to visit with some friends and have dinner. Not doing much of anything else till then.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,155 Posts
Just got off the phone with a great GTT member, my leader in :yahoo: stuff.:lol:

Also as of today, I'm exactly 1 year away from 70. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

:lol:

·
Administrator
20,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Happy Birthday you Old Coot. :thumbup1gif::lol:

·
Super Moderator
7,803 Posts
Just got off the phone with a great GGT member, my leader in :yahoo: stuff.:lol:

Also as of today, I'm exactly 1 year away from 70. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Then I'm wishing you a Happy Birthday!

·
Old Pa-pa
11,155 Posts
Happy Birthday you Old Coot. :thumbup1gif::lol:
Ain't no use denying that anymore, one year away from being an old geezer.
I think geezer starts at 70, gonna have to look that up.:lol:

·
Premium Member
13,772 Posts
Just got off the phone with a great GGT member, my leader in :yahoo: stuff.:lol:

Old Cajun,

Happy Birthday,,

·
Corndog Hater
10,956 Posts
Happy birthday old Cajun!🏼

As for smiling today, just being home and not having to work.

·
Registered
11,008 Posts
Just got off the phone with a great GTT member, my leader in :yahoo: stuff.:lol:

Happy birthday, youngster. :good2:

I don't know when geezer starts but it ain't 70.

Two things made me smile today:

1. My wife started the same thing on wastebook a couple months ago. I don't do it, but hers is three things that make her smile. So far, I'm not one of them.

2. Had a flat tire while driving her Explorer today. That didn't make me smile, but the fact that the spare wasn't flat and the jack worked flawlessly did. Changed it in a VFW parking lot. This really made me smile - three guys (everyone who entered while I was there) asked if I needed help. One even offered a pair of gloves. If they were veterans, and I suspect they were, they already did something for me. I thanked them for the offer and changed it myself. After a few minutes, my wife came back to see how I was doing (probably wondered what was taking so long). I reminded her that this wasn't NASCAR, and it would take a couple minutes.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,155 Posts
I reminded her that this wasn't NASCAR, and it would take a couple minutes.
:lol:, Love doing stuff like that to mine, the burn look on her face is priceless when she gets it, when she
doesn't get it, the confused look is nearly as priceless.:laugh:

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Happy birthday Cajun - careful or you may pass me. :laugh:

As for making me smile: I've had a yard light that began staying on all the time so picked up a couple of photocells at Lowes a while back. Finally got around to changing it, light still stayed on with new cell. What the heck, sometimes you get a bad one but I had a spare, so put the other new one in, light still stayed on! 2 brand new cells in a row that don't work! These were the only brand that my Lowes store had, couldn't even find one anywhere else in town, so I went online and ordered one made by Brinks from Amazon. Got it today and plugged it in, low and behold, it works!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Happy birthday Old Cajun. I hope your day was awesome.:bigthumb:

Today, we finally got off of oil heating for our house.:yahoo: We've been without heat and hot water for a few days while the installation was being done. A Work/friend helped out who has his gas licence. We removed a 30 year old oil furnace and 20 year old oil fired water heater and put in a new Rheem.

We didn't have gas to our part of the street until a few weeks ago. It was costing us about $1,000 per month with oil in the winter.:banghead:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,155 Posts
Happy birthday Old Cajun. I hope your day was awesome.:bigthumb:

Today, we finally got off of oil heating for our house.:yahoo: We've been without heat and hot water for a few days while the installation was being done. A Work/friend helped out who has his gas licence. We removed a 30 year old oil furnace and 20 year old oil fired water heater and put in a new Rheem.

We didn't have gas to our part of the street until a few weeks ago. It was costing us about $1,000 per month with oil in the winter.:banghead:
Got a Rheem central heat/ac unit and a Rheem hotwater heater, good stuff. :good2:

1 - 20 of 3456 Posts