Green Tractor Talk banner

3661 - 3667 of 3667 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice job!

I remember my first building project which was actually our house way back when. This was before the internet accessible to everyone. I learned from books and picking the brains of contractors during the week. Made a lot of mistakes but it was one of the best learning experiences of my life.
Thanks! My dad has always built his own stuff, so of course growing up I picked up a few things. But you tube is amazing. Mad respect for my dad, he just figured it out! The second building I build will be even better. Second time always the charm!

·
Premium Member
14,718 Posts
Years ago 2 former coworkers went hunting. One setting on one side of a crest of a hill looking down into a valley, the other is on the side of crest looking into the same valley. They could see each other , using scope or binoculars . Larry told us after the hunt, they had been setting there several hours and mother natural calls . Rich knows only Larry on the the other hill and no one else around . He finds a log to set on , of course at the same time a nice 8 -10 pt buck walks down close to where he is sitting. He grabs his rifle, and no way could he get a shot setting. So he stands up with pants down around his ankle, take a shot , the deer drops . Rich sets down and finished the paper work .... 😄 . The whole time Larry has been watching the deer kill.

Finishing up my 14x14 shed. My first building that I have ever built. Put doors on it today and did a little trim. Not finished yet. The doors fit great. Siding lines line up nicely. That made me smile.

Looks good,, (y)(y)

My wife's birthday was yesterday, and she hasn't seen her young great-nieces in weeks because of the Beer Bug panic. The girls' parents made a short video of them singing Happy Birthday to my wife. That made my wife happy.

mjncad,, Happy Birthday to your wife...

·
Registered
946 Posts
How much clearance between the cab top and garage door as it looks like they'll collide in the picture?
About 7/8" to the rubber weather stripping and then another 7/8" to the wood trim. When I installed it in '18... I made some minor mods to the cab to get as much clearance as possible.

3661 - 3667 of 3667 Posts