Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this new 5 months ago and it only has 10 hours on it. Has the D120 loader and 54" deck. It's pretty much like new. I want to sell it and I don't want to sit on it for 6 months trying to sell so whats a fair price?

Thanks Shayn

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Your in a tough spot. I would say it's worth more than the price it would actually sell for considering the "sale" prices I have seen on advertisements and prices GTT members have reported paying for their tractors.

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I agree with that but when a good majority of buyers are using JD's 0% financing that 1000$ savings is only a few extra dollars per month onto a payment of a new one. I'd say your limited to cash buyers which often don't want to tie up their cash when they can get 0%. I may be totally wrong, just speaking in the mind set I would be in as a buyer. I believe it would have to be a very inticing deal to be worth passing up the 0% for the cash buyers or those willing to borrow the money from their local bank but then that doesn't work out well for you. I don't believe it's impossible at all to sell it fairly for yourself and a buyer. It may however require sitting on it waiting for the "right" buyer and you mentioned not wanting to sit on it for 6 months. Selling it quickly and fairly may not go hand in hand on a tractor as new as yours.

Check out tractorhouse.com fastline.com machinerypete.com and classifieds sites such as craiglist to see what the dealers and private sellers are pricing their machines at. I would also see how long those ads have been active, it may be safe to assume if an ad is 30 days or older then the price they are asking is a bit much for a quick sale.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Quick sale, you are probably in the $14k range.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I checked out a few sites and knowing my local dealer has the same tractor priced at $17,725 with a 60" mmm, if I owned your tractor and wanted to sell quickly I would price it at $15,850. That puts the price below $16k so hopefully that would get some attention but still high enough to give negotiation room for a buyer to feel they are getting a great "deal". If a buyer and you could come to terms on a price around the $15k mark, surely with tax and dealer fees they could be saving between 3-4 grand and that may be enough to move the tractor on to a new buyer and is a thousand dollars more than the 14k you said you probably would jump on. I think these numbers truly suck and the tractor is worth more than that. I don't see your tractor selling in the $16k range because a new tractor can be purchased for not much more with a 0% loan. I would hate taking in the 14's for it knowing it only had 10 hours of use. It might take a little bit of time but surely your tractor can be sold around 15k.

Reactions: Levi and BigJim55

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts

·
Administrator
18,287 Posts
Another negative is the much less desirable D120 non-QA/non-JDQA loader.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I checked out a few sites and knowing my local dealer has the same tractor priced at $17,725 with a 60" mmm, if I owned your tractor and wanted to sell quickly I would price it at $15,850. That puts the price below $16k so hopefully that would get some attention but still high enough to give negotiation room for a buyer to feel they are getting a great "deal". If a buyer and you could come to terms on a price around the $15k mark, surely with tax and dealer fees they could be saving between 3-4 grand and that may be enough to move the tractor on to a new buyer and is a thousand dollars more than the 14k you said you probably would jump on. I think these numbers truly suck and the tractor is worth more than that. I don't see your tractor selling in the $16k range because a new tractor can be purchased for not much more with a 0% loan. I would hate taking in the 14's for it knowing it only had 10 hours of use. It might take a little bit of time but surely your tractor can be sold around 15k.
This tractor (D120 loader) can be purchased at Mutton's right now for $15,299...and I would hate to offer them $15k if I didn't want to take it home.
It seems that the new 1-series tractors are being priced 'a bit more aggressively' than they were a year or so ago.

Tim

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Great point! I did not catch that, I was debating the mmm size being a possible issue that I overlooked the loader hurdle in selling.

Reactions: BigJim55 and Levi

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
This tractor (D120 loader) can be purchased at Mutton's right now for $15,299...and I would hate to offer them $15k if I didn't want to take it home.
It seems that the new 1-series tractors are being priced 'a bit more aggressively' than they were a year or so ago.

Tim
I completely overlooked the loader! I knew I wasn't comparing apples to apples with my local dealer on the mmm but I thought I was close, clearly I am off by quiet a bit. I was truly trying to be as aggressive as possible in finding a comparable price for his tractor but I missed the mark. I retract my previous thoughts, looks like the op might as well prepare to bend over someone's knee cause its going to be a spanking.

Reactions: BigJim55 and Levi

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
What the internet gives the internet taketh away.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Honestly I think your're in a tough spot considering the prices dropping on them and 0% financing. Our local dealer has your setup with a quick attach for $189 a month. That's hard to beat unless someone is just going to pay cash.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
When I looked at it I thought, this is going to be a hard sell with the FEL that's on it. But you never know.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Honestly I think your're in a tough spot considering the prices dropping on them and 0% financing. Our local dealer has your setup with a quick attach for $189 a month. That's hard to beat unless someone is just going to pay cash.
Sad but most likely is true. The tractor only being a few months old and with only 10 hours is what makes it rough. If the tractor was a year or two old and had around a 100 hours it would be easier to sell it with a "quick sale" price. I (and most likely others as well who reads this thread) hates the situation that the OP is in with wanting to sell his tractor. I praise John Deere tractors and equipment for holding their value. There is many threads on GTT that pertains to the resale/trade values of JD being a major incentive as to why others should purchase a JD to begin with. This however is a unique situation with the tractor being simply to new IMO, prices on the new machines at dealers declining, 0% terms on financing, and the equipment the op's tractor is equipped with. I hope when this topic/thread is searched in the future by potential buyers of a new tractor that this thread does not influence their decision into buying another brand or model.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Do you want the money or can you trade it in? Not that it is our business but you never mentioned why you want to get rid of the tractor. If you still need a tractor of some sort, I would look at trading it in. You might take a bit of a beating on the price but it will be gone.

I would put this thing on ebay if you are wanting to do a private sell. I am not enamored with ebay but it gets you are much wider selling audience and thus a bigger pool of people who might have the kind of cash you will be asking for. You list Indiana as where you are from so that is a good JD area so it might sell locally but now is the time to list it. The only knock against the tractor is the D120 loader as others have mentioned. Not really a knock, just not the most desired loader is all.

I would go to machinefinder.com, that's JD's website for selling used/sometimes new tractors nationwide. I would find your set up and see what they are selling for on the dealer lot and then maybe price it underneath that by a fair amount.

If 14k is what you need then start there and see what happens. :bigthumb:

Reactions: Levi
1 - 20 of 26 Posts