Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. So i bought a heavy hitch toothbar.. long story short i bought a 52" bar. For my 53" bucket... needless to say my 53" bucket that i paid for is measuring in at 49 and a half inside.. with a 51" cutting blade.. did the dealer screw up? Its too late in the day to call them now and im hoping u guys know... my invoice says 120r loader with 49" bucket and the next line says 53" bucket upgrade..

If they did screw up now what!! I got kens hooks on it already... ugh!!

·
Super Moderator
4,966 Posts
Mine measures exactly 53". (The same 53" bucket is used on both the 1- and 2-series machines.)

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
Mine's a 49"...measures 49 1/2" inside I believe. Definitely not a 53".

I'd say your next step is just talk to the dealer. If you really want the 53, make them give it to you. Keep your hooks of course. If you can live with the 49", get your money back for the difference. At least an in-store credit. Negotiate a discount on something if you use that credit immediately. Might get a nice deal.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
I’m not near my tractor or I would measure mine. I have the 53” bucket. I ordered the HH tooth bar for the 53” and it fit fine.

I’m thinking you have the 49” bucket,which is what comes standard. I kinda think the smaller bucket is a better fit for the one series tractors.

·
Premium Member
2,727 Posts
Mine is 53" inside measurement I'd be calling the dealer..good luck let us know. :munch::munch:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya, they will be getting a phone call first thing tomorrow morning. Thank you all for your replies! I dont want the headache of sending the toothbar back and trying to get my 50$ back from the upgrade. But either way i have to correct this somewhere.. after using the 49" bucket to widen my drive 10' by 100' long and spread gravel for it.. i think the 1025r can handle the 53 no issue.. i hope the dealer dont put up a fight.. they should have no REAL reason too its their fault.

·
Premium Member
11,355 Posts
53 1/4" outside edge to outside edge.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
My bucket is 53” on the inside. The 53” bucket works fine for all a round use. No problem lifting a full bucket of dirt. However, I do feel the smaller bucket would be better for heavy digging.

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
For $50, I'd probably get the 53 then, since you already got the toothbar. Probably more hassle & money to send that back to get a 49.

I agree with Eric, a 49 might be better for heavy digging, but I don't think overall there's much difference between the two.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well. I havent been home to see it yet but its my understanding John Deere showed up TODAY with a new 53" bucket.. they took off my bolt on hooks and installed the new bucket. This time it was my salesman that brought it out. He told my wife to tell me he was really sorry this mistake was made. Im super impressed with John Deere despite a few Minor set backs. Let hope its smooth diggin from here on out.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Seems to me there is a pretty big difference between the 49 and 53.. I like the rolled back better on the 53" bucket but I can SURELY tell the difference between the 49 and 53 with the new heavy hitch tooth bar. There is more " flop" when moving around the yard and when she bit into a dirt pile into a dirt pile in the yard.... Ya I got a FULL bucket easily enough but it wouldn't lift it to a dumping height. Most likely due to the fact that the sod / dirt was really wet from a prior full day of rain. I have a few pictures of the new bucket and tooth bar but photo bucket is crapped out or something right now so it'll have to wait.. what other picture host do you guys use?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Seems to me there is a pretty big difference between the 49 and 53.. I like the rolled back better on the 53" bucket but I can SURELY tell the difference between the 49 and 53 with the new heavy hitch tooth bar. There is more " flop" when moving around the yard and when she bit into a dirt pile into a dirt pile in the yard.... Ya I got a FULL bucket easily enough but it wouldn't lift it to a dumping height. Most likely due to the fact that the sod / dirt was really wet from a prior full day of rain. I have a few pictures of the new bucket and tooth bar but photo bucket is crapped out or something right now so it'll have to wait.. what other picture host do you guys use?

No other photo hosting site is necessary to post pictures here.....

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/forum-help-suggestions/1418-picture-posting-how.html

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here are some pictures after NEW 53" bucket was delivered and I installed the tooth bar.

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
744 Posts
THANK YOU for teaching me how to fish! I didn't see that feature. :clapping:

You're quite welcome! ........................:bigthumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts