Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been scouring the internet for a good system to pound in t-posts with my 3046r. Lots of old forum posts on the subject, but wondering if there's a new, easy, reliable solution. Hoping not to have to fabricate too much, risk twisting the bucket, or pretzel too many posts. Has anyone found (or made) a commercially available method?

·
Registered
363 Posts
There was a similar thread on here a couple of months ago, probably in Implements, and the general consensus was that using the FEL to push T posts was a recipe for disaster, as I recall.

Hit a rock, and the post will go in a direction you hadn't anticipated, as the loader will still keep pushing it. The FEL will work quite well in removing the posts, though.

TSC sells a post hole driver that works quite well. I have used a similar tool to install street sign posts for years.

Dave

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
My tractor weighs 10,000 pounds,, and a "T" post can easily lift the front of my tractor when I try to push them in,,,

I can get them in deep enough for a temporary tomato fence, but, not deep enough for an animal fence.

This is what I use,,,

·
Registered
825 Posts
I have pounded more fence posts by hand than I would like to remember for animal fence. Are you hitting rock or what?

It’s possible you’ll need to blast if you are running into rock. Find someone with a a FEL to help you purchase & show you how to use it safely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,366 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts

·
Registered
12,285 Posts
i think Bubber bought one of these-maybe not from agri-supply-but somewhere down that way, he is using for his fencing project--i think.

PM-him OP--and see if he likes it:munch:

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Been scouring the internet for a good system to pound in t-posts with my 3046r. Lots of old forum posts on the subject, but wondering if there's a new, easy, reliable solution. Hoping not to have to fabricate too much, risk twisting the bucket, or pretzel too many posts. Has anyone found (or made) a commercially available method?
How about this option from Danuser? T3 Driver | Danuser Man when I was a kid what I would have given to have this when building fence...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
How about this option from Danuser? T3 Driver | Danuser Man when I was a kid what I would have given to have this when building fence...

What’s the needed hydraulic flow for that? Likely far beyond the available GPM for our size of machines.....

·
Registered
627 Posts
I use my checkbook to drive t-posts :lol: We had about a mile of fence replaced three or four years ago, it was a big financial ouch but the fence will last my lifetime.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
What’s the needed hydraulic flow for that? Likely far beyond the available GPM for our size of machines.....
From the link it says: Hydraulic Requirements 1500-3000 PSI & Up to 30 GPM* * T3 Driver will operate at 6 strikes per second on vehicles with 15-30 GPM. It will function at fewer strikes per second below 15 GPM.

His tractor is 8.6 gpm, so yes it would be slower...I have no idea if the slow down is linear or exponential.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts