Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I did a search to try to find out what FILB meant in the term 1025R FILB, I was taken to the Deere web site for the 1025R TLB. I understand that the initials FILB are Factory-Installed-Loader-Backhoe, and TLB is Tractor-Loader-Backhoe. Does that mean the TLB has a dealer installed loader and backhoe? And, my 1025R has a loader but no backhoe. What is it called by John Deere? A 1025R FIL? Or a 1025R TL? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
Technically, the 1025R with a factory installed FEL and BH is labeled 1025R TLB. The FILB is another designation the means the same thing. Simply, the FEL and BH are OEM installed on the tractor, not dealer installed.
The 1025R that is not a TLB, is simply a 1025R with added attachments such as an FEL.

·
Administrator
20,916 Posts
The term FILB was coined right here on GTT. JD uses the TLB designation but doesn't necessarily distinguish between factory or dealer assembled.

·
Registered
386 Posts
FILB just stands for Factory Installed Loader Backhoe. Officially John Deere just calls a factory installed model a TLB on the website. But a dealer can also take a non backhoe model and obviously make a TLB out of it.

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
There is one big difference that I haven't seen mentioned yet so I will throw this out there.

One of the differences is the warranty.

You can have two 1025R machines with a Loader and a Backhoe sitting side by side at the dealer and the warranty may be different.

If the dealer ordered and added the Backhoe as an attachment it is only covered under the 1 year attachment warranty where the tractor is covered under a 2 year warranty. Now if the same Backhoe was installed at the factory and not the dealer it is covered for 2 years. Same goes for the loader.

Also it is typically more expensive to add the Backhoe at the dealer than at the factory.

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
There is one big difference that I haven't seen mentioned yet so I will throw this out there.

One of the differences is the warranty.

You can have two 1025R machines with a Loader and a Backhoe sitting side by side at the dealer and the warranty may be different.

If the dealer ordered and added the Backhoe as an attachment it is only covered under the 1 year attachment warranty where the tractor is covered under a 2 year warranty. Now if the same Backhoe was installed at the factory and not the dealer it is covered for 2 years. Same goes for the loader.

Also it is typically more expensive to add the Backhoe at the dealer than at the factory.
Agreed!!! The official TLB has the BH and FEL factory installed, hence the FILB designation. If the BH and FEL are not OEM installed, the tractor is not an official TLB in JD's book and in their book, it affects the warranty.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I specifically inquired about this when purchasing my 1025r FILB. The fact that the loader and backhoe was factory installed had no effect on the warranty. The tractor had a two year warranty, the loader and backhoe - a one year warranty.

Perhaps things have changed, but I would want to verify that claim.

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
I specifically inquired about this when purchasing my 1025r FILB. The fact that the loader and backhoe was factory installed had no effect on the warranty. The tractor had a two year warranty, the loader and backhoe - a one year warranty.

Perhaps things have changed, but I would want to verify that claim.
It is tricky wording in the warranty JD warranty policy. This statement is at the bottom of the warranty policy: **Attachments purchased on the same Purchase Order as the Equipment listed will be covered by the Equipment’s warranty terms. Attachments purchased separately will be covered by the attachment warranty (in line 12).
The issue is, this statement does not apply to sub-compact tractors. So, attachments that are bought with a sub-compacts are only warranted for one year, the same as when you buy an attachment later.

Now for the tricky part. The warranty warrants the tractor for 2 years. The FLB/FILB are "the tractor" because it is all OEM. This is an OEM tractor that includes the FEL and BH therefore in JD's book, the entire FLB/FILB is "the tractor".

When I bought my 1025R in 2013, this was a specific topic with my dealer and JD. Actually, my dealer brought it up since I was thinking of adding a BH later after the intial purchase. Now, I know all dealers are not created equal. My dealer is good, so when they told me the TLB, as a unit, was warrantied two years, I said show me. JD said then, the TLB has a two year warranty. The 1025R TLB is a model, so when a dealer issues a purchase order for a new 1025R, if they issue it for a 1025R TLB, it is one unit and is designated that way in JD's book.

Maybe JD has changed this definition of the TLB since 2013, don't know. Anyone buying a 1025R or 1025 R TLB needs to check this and get it in writing.

If they have changed it, they didn't change the wording on their warranty policy. It comes down to how the machine was built OEM, not dealer installed attachments.

Attachments

Reactions: sennister

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
It is tricky wording in the warranty JD warranty policy. This statement is at the bottom of the warranty policy: **Attachments purchased on the same Purchase Order as the Equipment listed will be covered by the Equipment’s warranty terms. Attachments purchased separately will be covered by the attachment warranty (in line 12).
The issue is, this statement does not apply to sub-compact tractors. So, attachments that are bought with a sub-compacts are only warranted for one year, the same as when you buy an attachment later.

Now for the tricky part. The warranty warrants the tractor for 2 years. The FLB/FILB are "the tractor" because it is all OEM. This is an OEM tractor that includes the FEL and BH therefore in JD's book, the entire FLB/FILB is "the tractor".

When I bought my 1025R in 2013, this was a specific topic with my dealer and JD. Actually, my dealer brought it up since I was thinking of adding a BH later after the intial purchase. Now, I know all dealers are not created equal. My dealer is good, so when they told me the TLB, as a unit, was warrantied two years, I said show me. JD said then, the TLB has a two year warranty. The 1025R TLB is a model, so when a dealer issues a purchase order for a new 1025R, if they issue it for a 1025R TLB, it is one unit and is designated that way in JD's book.

EDIT: It is also worth noting that things do change with this. I think they just recently extended the powertrain warranty out on these machines didn't they? It seems like they did that around the first of the year?

Maybe JD has changed this definition of the TLB since 2013, don't know. Anyone buying a 1025R or 1025 R TLB needs to check this and get it in writing.

If they have changed it, they didn't change the wording on their warranty policy. It comes down to how the machine was built OEM, not dealer installed attachments.
I don't have a 1025R much less a TLB so I am going off of what I have read here on the warranty. What I have read matches your experience. Because the TLB leaves the factory that way they look at it as a single piece of equipment even though it may carry a unique SN. Heck I got the warranty print out from my dealer on my Z950R and there was a SN specifically listed for the machine, Seat, ROPS, Engine, Monitor Power Module, Left Transmission, Right Transmission, and Fuel Tank. All covered in my case for 3 years.

You are totally right about some dealers being better than others. The local dealer 2 miles from my house is a one dealer shop that is more interested in selling Yamaha Motorcycles, ATVs and Snowmobiles than John Deere products so they are complete idiots in the sales as well as the service side of their business. That is where my X585 was bought and has been serviced there until I figured this out. I bought my Z950R from a different dealer about 25 miles away that is part of a chain of something like 10 stores. They know their stuff on both sides of the business. Night and day difference between the two. A lot of this will come from the dealer's motivation to learn how John Deere does things and experience. It makes sense if a dealer doesn't sell many TLBs that they may have never come across this warranty question as it doesn't follow the normal pattern as they normally only cover attachments for 1 year.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So how does one tell if they bought a tractor with a loader and backhoe installed at the factory or a tractor with a loader installed at the factory and a backhoe installed by the dealer or a tractor with both the loader and backhoe installed by the dealer.

I specifically asked for a FILB and that is what he showed me ... a tractor with both the loader and backhoe on it. He actually had two of them on the lot. But I have no idea WHEN and WHO made them one piece.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Do I get to change my signature after I install my backhoe to " 2014 1025R TLB " , even though I am installing it myself ? :laugh:

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Registered
386 Posts
Maybe call it an SILB? Self Installed Loader Backhoe!

Reactions: Kennyd and ejb69

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
So how does one tell if they bought a tractor with a loader and backhoe installed at the factory or a tractor with a loader installed at the factory and a backhoe installed by the dealer or a tractor with both the loader and backhoe installed by the dealer.

I specifically asked for a FILB and that is what he showed me ... a tractor with both the loader and backhoe on it. He actually had two of them on the lot. But I have no idea WHEN and WHO made them one piece.

Thanks
I am in the process of purchasing a new machine and was wondering, is there a way to decode the PIN to tell if a machine is in fact a factory TLB? Thanks all

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
The term FILB was coined right here on GTT. JD uses the TLB designation but doesn't necessarily distinguish between factory or dealer assembled.
I distinctly remember deere labeling the 1025 TLB 'FILB' on their site, right when they first released it. In this 2013 article, they say FILB, but they do say something about the 'john deere website forum'. 2013 John Deere 1025R FILB Review

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
A quick print out from your salesman will list all factory install options. Loader, backhoe, tires ect. Will also list birthdate and when it was invoiced to dealer. That way you can see how long its been on the lot. FILB is Factory Installed Loader Backhoe.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,770 Posts

Thanks
Generally speaking a BH wouldnt be installed at the dealer unless there was a sale pending. Loaders yes, decks yes and of each size.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts