·
Super Moderator
5,374 Posts
*Edited See below!

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Hiya,

I think it's just an updated naming convention. They introduced the "E" and the "R" series, before that they were identified by numbers like GM1072 and 2072. The current GM7200R is the Woods PDR7200 painted green (the gearbox has "Woods" cast into it on the sides). I have one, it's built like a tank and almost as heavy. Mine is setup with the optional front roller and i-Match kit, both work very well.

·
Super Moderator
5,374 Posts
Hiya,

I think it's just an updated naming convention. They introduced the "E" and the "R" series, before that they were identified by numbers like GM1072 and 2072. The current GM7200R is the Woods PDR7200 painted green (the gearbox has "Woods" cast into it on the sides). I have one, it's built like a tank and almost as heavy. Mine is setup with the optional front roller and i-Match kit, both work very well.

Doh! It looks like you are right Tom! Frontier/Deere has changed the model numbering system for attachments now too. The "Economy models" are now "E" models. The "Standard" and "medium duty" models all appear to end in "R".

The latest brochure doesn't list a GM2072 at all. Just the GM2072R.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hiya,

I believe the "R" stands for Rear Discharge verses side discharge for the non "R" models

1 - 5 of 5 Posts