Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I'm pondering some ideas. :kidw_truck_smiley:

Can someone tell me the safe (max) lift capacity of the older 140 thru 455 / 4-way Plow mount configurations?
I know it can lift a lot in downward force, because it has no trouble raising my x739 off the ground.
I'm curious if there are any factory specs.

·
Super Moderator
4,844 Posts
I've never seen a lift capacity spec for a plow listed by anyone for any plow. It's just not how they are rated.

That said, Deere has their Tractor Shovel for converting the 54" plow into a lifting implement. It's rated for 200# so maybe that's some insight?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Deere has their Tractor Shovel for converting the 54" plow into a lifting implement. It's rated for 200# so maybe that's some insight?
That Tractor Shovel is what brought on my question. I feel that rating is based on the gauge of material used to construct it, only.
I don't know the weight it's lifting, when it lifts my 739, but I know it's more than 200lbs

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
That Tractor Shovel is what brought on my question. I feel that rating is based on the gauge of material used to construct it, only.
I don't know the weight it's lifting, when it lifts my 739, but I know it's more than 200lbs
Its probably based on a lot of factors, but just because it lifts your 739 doesnt mean it will lift more.
You have to take into account the angles and leverage imparted on the various parts of the frame to come up with that.
Its entirely possible that using the same leverage, you could easily lift your tractor with 200# of force.

Now, it probably will, just like most things, but that frame and mount are not designed to do that, so that too is another factor.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its probably based on a lot of factors, but just because it lifts your 739 doesnt mean it will lift more.
You have to take into account the angles and leverage imparted on the various parts of the frame to come up with that.
Its entirely possible that using the same leverage, you could easily lift your tractor with 200# of force.

Now, it probably will, just like most things, but that frame and mount are not designed to do that, so that too is another factor.
What was my question again? :dunno:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts