Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is the NY strip, then Ribeye, then Top Sirloin, Then Fillet Mignon.
How do you like it done? I'm a Medium Rare guy, but I'll do rare or medium in a pinch.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Exactly the same. I normally grill new York but ribeye is close second. Medium rare but lean towards rare if its warm. Anything past medium is wasted beef to me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
11,407 Posts
New York strip, medium.

Don

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,106 Posts
Wow there is another kind of steak other than Ribeye?

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Ribeye's my favorite, medium rare. I like it marinated (soy sauce, garlic, ginger, brown sugar and cooking wine) too.

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
1st place - Rib Eye medium rare with a nice Pappy's rub
2nd place - Tri-tip cooked the same

In both cases first choice is grilled over coals of wood. Next to that I'll settle for a gas grill.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Beef Tenderloin (filet mignon) - If I'm at a high-end restaurant

Ribeye or New York Strip - If I'm grilling at home

Medium rare preperation for all steaks.

All steaks consumed at home are served with an ice cold beer (or several).

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
My favorite has always been a medium to medium well NY strip.:fed::good2:

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Sirloin, med/med well, preferably from dairy stock (less fat). ~~ Lowell

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
220 Posts
You would like my grass fed Dexters:fed:
Is there really any beef that is worth eating that is not grass fed?

A little over 45 years ago my family decided that the next calf we prepped for the freezer would be the best meat ever, so we grain fed it worthy of any feedlot. Once butchered everyone sat down for the first meat and no one could stand it. We gave it all away. Never having eaten anything but grass fed the grain fed meat tasted "funny". To this day I can't stand the taste of corn fed beef.
Pity you are so far away.
End of the week is coming:dance: You know what that means.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is there really any beef that is worth eating that is not grass fed?

A little over 45 years ago my family decided that the next calf we prepped for the freezer would be the best meat ever, so we grain fed it worthy of any feedlot. Once butchered everyone sat down for the first meat and no one could stand it. We gave it all away. Never having eaten anything but grass fed the grain fed meat tasted "funny". To this day I can't stand the taste of corn fed beef.
Pity you are so far away.
End of the week is coming:dance: You know what that means.
Yes, I been thinking about you all week.:dance::dance::dance:

on the beef thing... corn siliage is probably the cheapest way to get a steer to market weight, but I think they put on too much fat, and the muscle has no texture.
In the midwest here, everyone thinks corn fed is the way to go.
I just wanted to do something different, and I'm very happy with the result.:fed::fed::fed:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Well, I have 2 favorites depending on where the meat is from. If it's restaurant ordered, I like prime rib. However, my wife and I raise a beef cow every year and my choice cut from my own animal would have to be t-bone.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Well, I have 2 favorites depending on where the meat is from. If it's restaurant ordered, I like prime rib. However, my wife and I raise a beef cow every year and my choice cut from my own animal would have to be t-bone.
You know I really love a good prime rib. Problem is its always hit or miss. Never know if its going to be good or not.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,106 Posts
You know I really love a good prime rib. Problem is its always hit or miss. Never know if its going to be good or not.
Seems it is hard for the every day consumer to buy a good Prime Rib. That's why I settle for a small piece, Rib-eye steak.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Medium. No real favorite cut, as I've had good and bad of almost any of them.
Well, I like my hamburgers well done. :lol:

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
My first choice would probably be Gizmo's prime rib................even though he hasn't shipped any out to us! :nunu: :laugh:

But seriously...........the prime rib at a local resturant here is hard to beat. My second choice is a nice fat ribeye grilled at home.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts