Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not actually bet, just pick a couple of horses and see how they do. I also know little about hoses, so I pick by how I like their names :laugh::flag_of_truce:

My picks are:

"Outwork" since I've been "out(of)work" almost 6 years

"Exaggerator" for no good reason :unknown:

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Nyquist...OK he's the odds on favorite. He's by Uncle Mo - same as Outwork. Just what I have read, he's a no-nonsense horse that just does his job - I like that. We'll see.

·
Premium Member
7,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I could pick three my next pick would be Creator, nicely colored horse! :bigthumb:

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,679 Posts
If I could pick three my next pick would be Creator, nicely colored horse! :bigthumb:
My daughters enjoyed the companion horses more than the derby horses.

My pick was Gun Runner, just like that name. As a long time Nordique's/Av's fan, I can't root for a Redwing...:thumbsdown:

·
Premium Member
7,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Our family throws in a $/horse, limit two horses. My second place horse won the pool since no one had the first place horse :gizmo:

·
Administrator
17,948 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well gotta root for the favorite, Nyquist. Ran a superb race in the Derby. These horses can still fly on a sloppy track. I don't think many horses just die after winning a race, freak deal. I've seen a few over the years break a front cannon bone , kind of gives you a sick feeling watching.

·
Premium Member
7,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I were a gambler, I'd also go with the favorite this time!

·
Administrator
17,948 Posts
Well the fav was the second looser! Congrats to Exaggerator

1. Exaggerator17-1
2. Cherry Wine35-1
3. Nyquist3-5
4. Awesome Speed45-1
5. Exaggerator3-1
6. Lani25-1
7. Collected16-1
8. Laoban80-1
9. Abiding Star40-1
10. Fellowship60-1
11. Stradivari7-1

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts

1. Exaggerator17-1
2. Cherry Wine35-1
3. Nyquist3-5
4. Awesome Speed45-1
5. Exaggerator3-1
6. Lani25-1
7. Collected16-1
8. Laoban80-1
9. Abiding Star40-1
10. Fellowship60-1
11. Stradivari7-1
According your list, Exaggerator was first AND fifth.

It's a lot to ask of a horse to win the Triple Crown. That;s why so few have claimed the honor.

·
Administrator
17,948 Posts
Too funny, that was a copy/paste from a news story, I didn't look closely (obviously).

Here is the updated list:

1. Exaggerator
2. Cherry Wine
3. Nyquist
4. Stradivari
5. Lani
6. Laoban
7. Uncle Lino
8. Fellowship
9. Awesome Speed
10. Collected
11. Abiding Star

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Big difference in the order of finish between posts there, kennyd. Are you betting on the second posting's accuracy?

·
Premium Member
8,798 Posts

It's a lot to ask of a horse to win the Triple Crown. That;s why so few have claimed the honor.
Every night, my best friend and I talk on the phone, he usually calls me. He loves to watch the Tigers and for some reason, even though he only lives about 10 miles northeast of me, and we both have DISH satellite service, his broadcast speed is anywhere from 3 to as much as 7 seconds behind what I see.

So when we were watching the Tigers game and talking on the phone, I would say to him "Hey So and SO is coming to bat, what do you think will happen?" Then it usually goes pitch by pitch.

I will say "I bet he throws a fastball high and inside" and my friend would go "How did you know?" Then it is "I bet he hits the next pitch". It took him awhile but he finally realized I don't have ESP, just a faster signal from Dish. :laugh::lol:

I think it's because he has a DVR and I do not. But I don't know enough about the precise way they function to explain why the difference in signal speed other than the DVR puts the signal slower so he can replay stuff immediately??

For a short time, I really had him wondering.........:lolol:

·
Premium Member
8,798 Posts

1. Exaggerator17-1
2. Cherry Wine35-1
3. Nyquist3-5
4. Awesome Speed45-1
5. Exaggerator3-1
6. Lani25-1
7. Collected16-1
8. Laoban80-1
9. Abiding Star40-1
10. Fellowship60-1
11. Stradivari7-1
Wow, whatever news source published this original finishing order really needs to work on proof reading and their accuracy as compared to the final results.

·
Administrator
17,948 Posts
Eh..after the top three who really cared anyway :mocking:

·
Premium Member
7,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Eh..after the top three who really cared anyway :mocking:
Good catch FG19. I only looked at the first three on the list. :hide:

We did do a family bet on this race. I still have NOT received my Kentucky Derby :gizmo: :nunu: Deadbeat family :nunu:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts