Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the largest wheel spacer that can be used with a 54" MMM.

·
Premium Member
18,066 Posts
I'm thinking mine are 1" 1/8" bought these at least 5 yrs ago. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I've got 1 1/2 on mine & they fit just about right. The only thing I noticed was on the right rear guide wheel handle it would hit the tire when I flipped it out. So I took my grinder & took about 1/2 in off of it. Works just fine now.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I think 1.4" is the largest you can do without mods. Bro-Tek sells the 1.4" version.

Bro-Tek

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So how much difference does 3" total make to the stability of the tractor??

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
The broteck 1.4 are very tight with mower deck. You can find some pictures and measurements in this post.
Bro-tek wheel spacers

You would have to cut wheels off of the deck to use 3 inch spacers. Sulley has 3's. He raves about them.

·
Super Moderator
3,619 Posts
1-1/2" spacers make a 3" difference in stance. I think that's what Bob is asking. A 3" spacer makes a 6" difference.

Bob, I added a cab this summer and then 1.5" spacers. It does make a difference in stability. It doesn't feel as tippy with the cab. I imagine without the cab it would feel better also... just a better footprint.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
1-1/2" spacers make a 3" difference in stance. I think that's what Bob is asking. A 3" spacer makes a 6" difference.

Bob, I added a cab this summer and then 1.5" spacers. It does make a difference in stability. It doesn't feel as tippy with the cab. I imagine without the cab it would feel better also... just a better footprint.
You right! I don't have full brain power before breakfast. 🤦‍♂️D'oh

Reactions: kylew

·
Registered
412 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,619 Posts
What brand of spacer did you get?
Bora. Got them from another member here that was selling them, so I got a good price. I don't think you can go wrong with either Bora or Bro-tek though.

Fit is perfect. They don't have studs... they're held on by bolts like the wheels are originally, at least these are. Doesn't matter to me. I have 72# wheel weights so after wrestling those manipulating the tire is nothing. Lol. (My tires are not filled)

Reactions: biodiesel

·
Premium Member
6,104 Posts
If you have the deck on the machine you can measure the gap with the deck raised. Sulley doesn’t have a deck on his and can benefit from 6” extra width.

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
If you have the deck on the machine you can measure the gap with the deck raised. Sulley doesn’t have a deck on his and can benefit from 6” extra width.
I don't have a deck on my machine, but I would be worried that 3" spacers would put too much stress on the axles/hubs? I do a lot of loader work, so added stability would be super nice.

·
Premium Member
6,104 Posts
You’d have to ask Sulley. It’s been a while but I’m pretty sure is a nice in depth thread on them. Lemme see...
Here it is

Reactions: biodiesel and kylew
1 - 14 of 14 Posts