Green Tractor Talk banner

Wheel spacer size with deck

5K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Kbar 
#1 ·
What is the largest wheel spacer that can be used with a 54" MMM.

#2 ·
I'm thinking mine are 1" 1/8" bought these at least 5 yrs ago. Hope this helps.

#3 ·
I've got 1 1/2 on mine & they fit just about right. The only thing I noticed was on the right rear guide wheel handle it would hit the tire when I flipped it out. So I took my grinder & took about 1/2 in off of it. Works just fine now.

#5 ·
So how much difference does 3" total make to the stability of the tractor??

Reactions: Jimmy Walker
#6 ·
The broteck 1.4 are very tight with mower deck. You can find some pictures and measurements in this post.
Bro-tek wheel spacers

You would have to cut wheels off of the deck to use 3 inch spacers. Sulley has 3's. He raves about them.

#7 ·
1-1/2" spacers make a 3" difference in stance. I think that's what Bob is asking. A 3" spacer makes a 6" difference.

Bob, I added a cab this summer and then 1.5" spacers. It does make a difference in stability. It doesn't feel as tippy with the cab. I imagine without the cab it would feel better also... just a better footprint.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker
#8 ·
1-1/2" spacers make a 3" difference in stance. I think that's what Bob is asking. A 3" spacer makes a 6" difference.

Bob, I added a cab this summer and then 1.5" spacers. It does make a difference in stability. It doesn't feel as tippy with the cab. I imagine without the cab it would feel better also... just a better footprint.
You right! I don't have full brain power before breakfast. 🤦‍♂️D'oh

Reactions: kylew
#11 ·
If you have the deck on the machine you can measure the gap with the deck raised. Sulley doesn’t have a deck on his and can benefit from 6” extra width.

#13 ·
I don't have a deck on my machine, but I would be worried that 3" spacers would put too much stress on the axles/hubs? I do a lot of loader work, so added stability would be super nice.

#12 ·
#14 ·
You’d have to ask Sulley. It’s been a while but I’m pretty sure is a nice in depth thread on them. Lemme see...
Here it is

Reactions: biodiesel and kylew
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.