Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked through some posts on the spacer question, but , :dunno:I do not understand the tech talk, and I did not see the Mauser mentioned:unknown:.
I hate the feeling that I am about to tip over when mowing
on my somewhat sloped yard.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a Mauser cab coming for my 1025. Do you feel like it makes a difference? Enough to warrant the cost? I'm seriously considering spacers as well. I'll need to research what is compatible with a 60MMM

EDIT--I think I read your post wrong--I thought you had already installed the spacers--my bad. I would like to hear from someone who has the cab and spacers--did it make much difference and which spacers?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Please note that I do not have a cab, but I do have a very hilly yard.

I bought 1.25" rear wheel spacers from bro-tek (Part #: 0020040007) due to my 54" mowing deck limiting my options to nothing larger than this. I also filled all of the tires with RV fluid. I used RV fluid in my case - cheap, corrosion resistant, relatively nontoxic, and locally available so that I could DIY. Since I did both mods at the same time, it is a little hard to say what had more of an impact.

The tractor feels more stable having additional weight down low and spread out a total of 2.5" wider. For me, it was totally worth it as I really don't want to experience a rollover. If you have a 60" deck you can likely go with larger wheel spacers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Please note that I do not have a cab, but I do have a very hilly yard.

I bought 1.25" rear wheel spacers from bro-tek (Part #: 0020040007) due to my 54" mowing deck limiting my options to nothing larger than this. I also filled all of the tires with RV fluid. I used RV fluid in my case - cheap, corrosion resistant, relatively nontoxic, and locally available so that I could DIY. Since I did both mods at the same time, it is a little hard to say what had more of an impact.

The tractor feels more stable having additional weight down low and spread out a total of 2.5" wider. For me, it was totally worth it as I really don't want to experience a rollover. If you have a 60" deck you can likely go with larger wheel spacers.
Thank you for your post - just to be clear, are you saying that the 1.25" BT spacers work with your 54D deck? From everything I had read prior, I thought any spacer with the 54D would cause interference. Thanks again for your insight! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Reactions: Kennyd

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thank you for your post - just to be clear, are you saying that the 1.25" BT spacers work with your 54D deck? From everything I had read prior, I thought any spacer with the 54D would cause interference. Thanks again for your insight! :bigthumb:

Yes they do, but not perfectly. For 3 out of the 4 (Front-Left, Front-Right, Rear-Left) I have no issues flipping the lever to drop the gauge wheels when removing/installing the deck. For the rear-right position, I have to pull the lever straight out without using the mechanical leverage that I would get if I had clearance to flip the lever. Does that make sense? Sorry, I don't have a picture handy at the moment but I can take one later. It is a little harder since you are fighting against the spring directly as a result, but its not too bad.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
When I first got the 1025, I about dumped it over while hauling some rock. I filled the rear wheels, and installed spacers as fast as I could find one to fit the budget.

I bought 1.25" spacers and it's the widest I'd go with having a 60" mmm, occasionally the right rear depth wheel will touch the rear deck wheel when fully raised.

I have no interest of starting the debate of hub-centric vs. lug-centric discussion with my next comments, there are strong opinions about each. I used the lug-centric spacer mount, and have been 100% satisfied with them. I've hauled many heavy loads and driven them over many miles and NEVER had a reason to feel unsafe with them. They have never worked loose from the initial torque. At $50 (per pair) vs $200+, for me, it just worked out better financially. Good luck with your choices.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts