Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is where i ask my question, but here goes. What is the general spacer width for rear of John Deere 1025r? I'm looking at the BORA 3" spacers for better stability on uneven ground. I don't have a belly more so clearance is no problem. ijust don't want to get carried away with too wide and extra stress on wheel bearings. I have 50 lbs. wheel weights, tires are filled with rim guard. any and all help please thanks jimmy in SC

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'd say most commonly used wheel spacer width is 1 1/4" - 1 1/2" - and 2"
I have 1 1/4" spacers on my 1025 and am happy with them.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
I use 1 1/4" as well, surprising how much they improve stability. I wouldn't go much wider unless you have extraordinary needs because you don't want to be (much) wider than your implement, and 48" implements are common. For example, if you have 48" tiller, you will be compacting a strip of freshly tilled earth on each side if your wheels were much wider than 48". I don't seem to have a problem with the 1-1/4" spacers and the 48" tiller.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I second this you don't really want to go over an inch and a quarter (from tractor mechanics I know and my JD dealer)
I have some slopes on my property that made me pucker:scared: when I was on them after getting my Curtis cab installed and before wheel spacers. but, afterwards it was much better and then I added wheel weights too.
now I'm good to go on the hills now:good2:

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
I dont know how spacers are reflected for the tractor industry, but I will state that for cars and trucks, I have used, bought and seen MANY different brands over the years. BORA is by far the most expensive and there is no way Id ever use any other manufacturer.
This is one of those things that trying to save a few bucks can certainly cost you big time :big money: if you try to cheap out.

Thus, :bigthumb: for picking them as your choice of spacers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just bought and installed 3" spacers from Bro-Tek and am happy with the resulting stability improvements. I considered the issues with going over 48" but decided that the extra stability was worth the trade off. The 3" spacers keep the tractor a little narrower than my 53" bucket.

Here are a couple of shots of the tractor with the new spacers.

-Brent

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts