Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure how to start this so bare with me.
A week or so ago I get a call from Tractor Time with Tim, also known as Tractor Tim. He informs me of things he got started and got help with. Seems he got ahold of a few vendors and they were all happy to help. The vendors are:
Tractor Time with Tim and his wife Christy
Kennyd of Bolt on Hooks
R2 Manufacturing
Heavy Hitch
Artillian
So to all of them and everyone involved "Thank You!!!!". I have no idea how I can ever repay you for your generosity. This goes above and beyond anything I ever dreamed of. I've been involved in helping others but this...Thank you so much.

That being said here is what they did. They bought me 72 lb. wheel weights and a set of 1½" wheel spacers. I was going to post pics but it seems I can't do that now for some odd reason I don't know of.

When I posted pics of the last time I got myself into trouble on my hills I didn't mean for this to happen but I want everyone to know how grateful and thankful I am. I'll have to wait till I get back from the north country to put them on and I will document it with pics...if the pics thing works. I've know that this is the greatest forum on the internet but the people on here are the best and without them it wouldn't be the greatest. All the other forums have a place but this one is by far the greatest!! I don't say that just because I'm receiving this help but because of the help we have all been to other members on here.

I've helped others but being on the receiving end is new to me. Like WB, I'm humbled.
I'll get back to this after I get back. Hopefully I'll have my head on right when I do. Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like the pics did work...

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
I want to see installed pics! :thumbup1gif:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to add a tidbit of info. The pic of the weights...you can see a yellow line going all the way to the front of the bed where the left weight is. On my way home from picking them up I made it the whole 10 miles without any mishap till I got within ½ mile of home. On our narrow road a dually pickup couldn't slow down fast enough so I got on my brakes a little more then normal and that weight slid all the way to the front and pushed the front to where it started to come apart at the seam where the front and the floor come together. No good deed goes unpunished.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
7,959 Posts
Just to add a tidbit of info. The pic of the weights...you can see a yellow line going all the way to the front of the bed where the left weight is. On my way home from picking them up I made it the whole 10 miles without any mishap till I got within ½ mile of home. On our narrow road a dually pickup couldn't slow down fast enough so I got on my brakes a little more then normal and that weight slid all the way to the front and pushed the front to where it started to come apart at the seam where the front and the floor come together. No good deed goes unpunished.
:banghead:

I have a couple dents in the front of the Tundra bed just like that. A rubber mat has its limits I guess. :hide:

I now keep a couple pieces of that non-skid tool box liner stuff in the truck for that reason. So far, it has worked ok.

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
Not sure how to start this so bare with me.
A week or so ago I get a call from Tractor Time with Tim, also known as Tractor Tim. He informs me of things he got started and got help with. Seems he got ahold of a few vendors and they were all happy to help. The vendors are:
Tractor Time with Tim and his wife Christy
Kennyd of Bolt on Hooks
R2 Manufacturing
Heavy Hitch
Artillian
So to all of them and everyone involved "Thank You!!!!". I have no idea how I can ever repay you for your generosity. This goes above and beyond anything I ever dreamed of. I've been involved in helping others but this...Thank you so much.

That being said here is what they did. They bought me 72 lb. wheel weights and a set of 1½" wheel spacers. I was going to post pics but it seems I can't do that now for some odd reason I don't know of. Looks like the pics did work...
Rock On Vendors & Friends................

·
Registered
286 Posts
IN! For the spacer adventure. Are shenanigans involved with bolt shoulders and driving around for different thread pitches? :banghead:

If this is a "all inclusive" kit I'm so gonna buy it.:good2:

·
Administrator
17,301 Posts

·
Old Pa-pa
11,422 Posts
Whole bunch of good people here. :good2:

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Awesome.

We've (my wife and I) been fortunate to meet some of those people you mentioned, including you Levi. We hope there will be another opportunity for us meet up again. It has always been a great time for us.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
this is what makes the forum different:yahoo: we are like a family even though most of us never met each other but we help out fellow members when needed :bigthumb: we have the greatest vendors things like this makes you want to support them and they all have excellent products

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
Couldn't have happened to a better man. :thumbup1gif:
I agree that it couldn't happen to a better guy! This site really is a community, so good to see this kind of thing. And I look forward to the pictures!
this is what makes the forum different:yahoo: we are like a family even though most of us never met each other but we help out fellow members when needed :bigthumb: we have the greatest vendors things like this makes you want to support them and they all have excellent products
Very nice. Good things do happen to good people, by good people.:good2:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts