Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished my 'wheelbarrow' rebuild Friday. A total redo that included the sandblast of all metal components, a new front solid tire, new wood, and a 'rattle can' paint job . . . And, all new nuts, bolts, and washers and exclusive JD logo stickers.

The old, I've had this wheelbarrow so long I'm not sure when I bought it. I think it was shortly after moving into this place in September of 1977. . . Hmm, forty years. :laugh:

IMG_3225.JPG IMG_3224.JPG

And the rebuild . . . :thumbup1gif:

IMG_4024.JPG IMG_4026.JPG

I realize the 'paint job' will only last till I use it the first time, but it will be in the shop when not in use and that should help it last. I won't be around, but someone else will enjoy it after me.

Marlin :cowboy:

·
Premium Member
2,734 Posts
looks good very nice job. :good2:

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Really nice Job! I like adding decals too ! All you need now is some green dirt in it!!!!

·
Corndog Hater
11,685 Posts
Awesome Marlin, thanks for the pics

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
That paint should last a long time 'cause that wheelbarrow is TOO PURTY TO USE!:laugh:

Good job, Marlin.:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
14,712 Posts
Great job, looks brand new,,, nice touch on JD decal.:bigthumb::bigthumb:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Very, very nice. Got one I need to replace the cross bar on. Thanks for the reminder.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,263 Posts
Very nice! You did good. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Marlin, great job. :thumbup1gif: Looks too good the use.
That paint should last a long time 'cause that wheelbarrow is TOO PURTY TO USE!:laugh: Good job, Marlin.:thumbup1gif:
:laugh: Thought the same.

Great Job!!! :bigthumb: If my wife saw that she'd say its too good to use and have it sitting somewhere full of flowers as a planter.
Missey would do the same thing if I'd let her. . . She knows this one is a tool to use. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Finished my 'wheelbarrow' rebuild Friday. A total redo that included the sandblast of all metal components, a new front solid tire, new wood, and a 'rattle can' paint job . . . And, all new nuts, bolts, and washers and exclusive JD logo stickers.

The old, I've had this wheelbarrow so long I'm not sure when I bought it. I think it was shortly after moving into this place in September of 1977. . . Hmm, forty years. :laugh:

I realize the 'paint job' will only last till I use it the first time, but it will be in the shop when not in use and that should help it last. I won't be around, but someone else will enjoy it after me.

Looks great Marlin. I had a wheelbarrow exactly like that. I bought it at a big box store called 'HQ' in North Carolina in 1992. Like yours, the handles finally rotted off.

My question is, why do you need a wheelbarrow now? I use my bucket for EVERY task where I used to use a wheelbarrow!

·
Corndog Hater
11,685 Posts
I for one, just used my wheelbarrow within the last couple weeks. It comes in handy when the lawn is too wet to take the tractor onto.:good2:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,404 Posts
I for one, just used my wheelbarrow within the last couple weeks. It comes in handy when the lawn is too wet to take the tractor onto.:good2:
I don't believe ya! :lol:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Looks great Marlin. I had a wheelbarrow exactly like that. I bought it at a big box store called 'HQ' in North Carolina in 1992. Like yours, the handles finally rotted off.

My question is, why do you need a wheelbarrow now? I use my bucket for EVERY task where I used to use a wheelbarrow!
I'm with Tim. My wheelbarrow went in the trash when my tractor came home!

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
:good2: nice looking paint job reminds me I have to redo my wifes fathers old wheel barrow with flat tire and rotten handles she really doesn't want to get rid of it her father had it for over forty years :clapping:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Nice job restoring that wheelbarrow, it would not have looked as good any other color:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
2,312 Posts

View attachment 351458 View attachment 351466

And the rebuild . . . :thumbup1gif:

View attachment 351474 View attachment 351482

Very nice job, good idea with the solid tire, I have one like that and almost as old, every time I ever went to use it the tire was flat. :nunu:

Haven't used mine in a long time, for some reason the handles just never did fit my hands right. :laugh:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts