Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will buy each active member of GTT a 2 Series of their choice,,,

Then,,, :dunno: well,,, I guess I need a recommendation as to what to do with the other 90% of the :gizmo:

Any I D E A S ??

:lolol:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,506 Posts
Good topic. :thumbup1gif:
Need to think about it for a while...................
BTW Thanks, two tractors are better than one. :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Disappear.

Seriously, there's no way a person could win that kind of money and continue to live their day to day life like they always have. Everybody you've ever known will want some, everybody that you've never known will be after you for their charity, and you'd be walking around with a giant 'sue me' target on your back.

If I won that kind of money, I'd buy a giant ranch in the middle of nowhere through a trust or LLC, then cut off all contact with the world for a few months or even a year or two so the fuss could die down. Guess it's a good thing I didn't buy a ticket, seems like all that would be awfully disruptive. :laugh:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,762 Posts
Disappear.

Seriously, there's no way a person could win that kind of money and continue to live their day to day life like they always have. Everybody you've ever known will want some, everybody that you've never known will be after you for their charity, and you'd be walking around with a giant 'sue me' target on your back.

If I won that kind of money, I'd buy a giant ranch in the middle of nowhere through a trust or LLC, then cut off all contact with the world for a few months or even a year or two so the fuss could die down. Guess it's a good thing I didn't buy a ticket, seems like all that would be awfully disruptive. :laugh:
About says it all, your normal life and a lot of what you consider fun would be a thing of the past.
That kind of sudden wealth would be a bear to handle, if not impossible to handle for most of us.

Still ain't going to stop me from dropping another 2 bucks for next Wednesday though, it's one of those
"Ya just got to give it a shot for 2 bucks" things.:lol:

It's kind of like the old adage of a dog chasing a car, what the hell he's going to do if he catches it?

·
Super Moderator
5,542 Posts
Yep, seriously way too much money.
New vehicles, and new house with no payments! Good enough for us.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Great question. My wife and I have talked about this quite a few times. First off, we only buy a few lottery tickets, but we really don't expect to win the big prize. We're happy with ANY return, even if it is only $1.00. That being said ... we always say "it would be nice". The other thing is that if we ever did win, it would probably only be a share with other winners expected.

We also worry about how we and our family would become targets for those want more than they have earned or deserve. Not a pleasant thought.

We'd probably keep a small amount for a more than comfortable retirement, take care of our kids and grandchildren, brothers, sisters and close cousins, etc. and give the rest away to various charities of our choice. Regarding family, I personally don't think that our 30 something kids are ready to "retire" just yet. We could make their lives easier, make sure the grandkids will have a college fund, etc. but they should continue working. Reducing the so-called stress level of everyday life is one thing, but letting them sit back and live off of "family money" is not going to happen with "my winnings".

For me and my wife, we talked about getting a new car, fixing the roof and getting the driveway re-paved. Not that we can't do this now, but winning the lottery would just get me off my a$$ and get it done.:laugh:

Odds of winning are so small that we don't really get into much further detail. It's just entertainment.

But I do repeat ... It would be nice ...

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
It is way too much money. It's enough money that people would kill for it. That's something to think about too. I have 2 places to hide.:laugh: Really how do you even begin to figure out how to control that much money? How do you find people you can trust? Just putting in the bank won't work. that much cash would make the mattress lumpier than all get out.

I know it's more the dream than the chance of winning. If I won I'd be a ghost for a long time. I'd be off to Walmart to buy all their burner phones.:mocking:

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Bolt on hooks,

Then,,, :dunno: well,,, I guess I need a recommendation as to what to do with the other 90% of the :gizmo:

Any I D E A S ??

:lolol:[/QUOTE

You're going to make some dealers very happy as well as all of the new owners. I guess you could go all out and add Bolt On Hooks, maybe a Piranha bar, hydraulic top links etc.

For your own personal use, maybe one of each model that JD sells, plus the large building to store them in heat and AC comfort. That would have to be located on property large enough to run all that equipment around and you would need the equipment wash building and supporting facilities. That ought to take care of the first year's interest anyway.

To spend the full amount, look at buying a small to medium size country. . .or donate it to pay off something like 0.0067% of the national debt. (may have my percentage off, but 1.2 billion is unimaginably small compared to 18 trillion.)

I too will spend another $2.00 but it's scary when you think about actually winning.

Treefarmer

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I'd inform my boss that I am going to only work part-time, but I would still work. I'd give some to charity, but I'd fly more places that I have never landed, with my own airplane and see what transpired. No doubt that I'd visit many of my friends here on GTT, and I'd buy all of the beer!

Once the government got their share in taxes, it wouldn't be as much as you think. That's what gets so many into trouble, they do not understand that the money still is not limitless. So, I'd do the above, and put some back in a separate account to have on hand in case of an accident or other medical emergency, and drop the health insurance that I am now forced to carry.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I've had my eyes on another 60 acre parcel, already farmland so not much in the way of needing to be cleared.
I'd get with my lawyer first, make a trip to the County seat and set building permits in motion for a new Duplin County Medical Center to build on that property. I'd make sure it was a "go" BEFORE I hired any civil, structural, architech, firms to begin work on the plans.
I'd want it to be a full service medical center, addressing Medical, Dental, Pediatric, and Vision issues, all under one roof.
Might even incorporate a small sub-division for full time Maintenance and their families to live onsite at zero cost to them, (that should build "loyalty" from employer points of view), along with sustainable wages provided to them.
Might be able to pull all that off for $250-300MIL.
Put a $100MIL escrow account in effect to draw enough interest every year to cover all sustaining costs, including wages, food, maintenance, insurance, and utilities that running such a complex would need to remain self-sufficient.
Sure would be nice to help those not able to afford those services......:bigthumb:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,506 Posts
I'd buy GTT and become a moderator and give myself thousands of green bars under my name!:laugh::lol:
You're in luck now. I'll sell ya some of mine. :munch: :lol:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,506 Posts
It is way too much money. It's enough money that people would kill for it. That's something to think about too. I have 2 places to hide.:laugh: Really how do you even begin to figure out how to control that much money? How do you find people you can trust? Just putting in the bank won't work. that much cash would make the mattress lumpier than all get out.

I know it's more the dream than the chance of winning. If I won I'd be a ghost for a long time. I'd be off to Walmart to buy all their burner phones.:mocking:
Not to mention your kids being kidnapped for a large ransom.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
who wants to bet that a gtt member will get the jackpot?

:cray: i had a crazy thought. if someone here wins, we would loose a member for a wile...:cry:

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
but still, it would be purty awesome to win...

·
Registered
2,724 Posts

Any I D E A S ??

:lolol:
First, I would take care of all my current bills, take care of my Mom's every need, make life easier for my kids, provided they behave. Then I would buy a large farm and plant a home in the middle of it. Probably would work the farm. Would never set foot in another employers premises.
I might build a new John Deere Dealership and be sure JD pays attention to my customers.
Not sure I would run for President. Has become a little to tasteless for me. I do not have that good of experience running a HUGE company. I will leave that to others.
AS FG says they will be taking 400+ Million in taxes. The government will spend it for you, much less wisely than any one of us will.
We can do a lot of good with that much. Not to charities though. They waste as much as our government. I will help people directly.
I sure hope it does not make me like the rest of the greedy people. I do not want to be that way. Ever.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
if you take a yearly payment than the taxes aren't so high. you get ~$43.3 MIL for 30 yrs. that's 10 mil in taxes...

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,312 Posts
I honestly can't say what I'd do with the winnings. Whomever wins, be it one, or multiple individual. I'd be glad for them.

I do know that if I were to win all, or part, a CPA and Tax Lawyer would have to be hires. I don't think my present CPA would qualify to handle that amount of money.
Also, a trust would to be set up for my children and grand children, my brother & my sisters(mom is already set up). :good2:

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
I'd pay off my families debts. Make sure my kids college funds are funded. Pay off my mom and dads debts so they can retire. Pay off my in laws debts, sister in laws, siblings debts but no more. Not going to be a free ride for them. I'd build the wood shop of my dreams, outfit it with all the tools I'd ever need or want complete with AC and heat so I could do wood working year round. I'd still work, but not at my current job. I'd maybe sell power tools at local Fleet Farm store.

Would donate some to charity but I don't want any hospital wings named after me. Also make sure had enough to cover the taxes, that's the piece most people miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
if you take a yearly payment than the taxes aren't so high. you get ~$43.3 MIL for 30 yrs. that's 10 mil in taxes...
Do not count on that being the same for 30 years. You would be much better off with a bulk sum. The gov't will need to raise taxes to pay off 19+trillion, and they will.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts