Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says, where can I find piston rings and valves and maybe other parts for a 1929 GP? I've searched all over the internet and can't find them listed anywhere. A quick search turned up about 4 places on the internet that sell rings when I did them on my 1935 Farmall F-30. Nothing on the GP. Anyone? Thanks.

·
Administrator
20,846 Posts
Welcome to GTT!

I would start with calling an outfit like Extreme Tractor Parts. They custom make a lot of JD engine parts and probably know where to source other parts.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Go to machine shop just bring piston, cylinders, valves and rings. They will be able to order new parts by size not brand.

·
Registered
144 Posts
What is wrong with the current rings and valves? The valves/seats can be redone and the rings can be bead blasted and cylinder honed. Then a little break in and it is like new. Did that countless times. But if it was stuck and past repair you can try JD. I ended up boring our 1928 GP out 1/2 inch to fit the later pistons in since it was rusted in so bad the valve heads fell in my hand when I took the head off. That was a while ago so I can't remember where I found parts. Cork Growth out of Iowa helped me a LOT on the GP restoration.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am restoring a 1931 GP Widetread and needed valves and other engine parts a few weeks ago . Got new old stock valves from Martin Parts and Repair in PA. PH 610-593-1010 I have dealt with them a number of times. Very , very fast shipping and knowledgeable. Also try K & K Antique Tractors in IN, I have dealt with them for 28 yrs. now . PH 317-398-3733 .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts