Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a RFM two evenings ago,,, the price was right,,, I love buying "out of season"!! :thumbup1gif:

Since it needs so much paint,, (perfect otherwise) ,,, I figure I will convert it to JD green paint,,,

Where can I get decals?? I guess JD shut down the decal sellers on eBay,,,, Hmmmmmmmm,,,, :dunno:

·
Super Moderator
4,892 Posts
If Deere shut them down on Ebay that'd be news to the people still on there selling them.

If it were me however, I'd find a model number for a Deere RFM, look up the part numbers for their decals in JDParts and order them from any dealer (or GreenFarmParts.com )

But a quick Google search on "Deere Decals" comes up with hundreds of places. It's all a matter of which decals you like...

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If Deere shut them down on Ebay that'd be news to the people still on there selling them.
Hmmm,,, I kinda missed that somehow,,,

I went to search for the previous decal I purchased about a month ago,,, and eBay had removed the sellers items,,,

"We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Center to help resolve any problems you may encounter."

I got mine, the seller had a 99.9% rating,,, so I jumped to conclusions,,,

That decal was the leaping deer,,, the one on the side of the dash cowl,,,

Actually, I ordered 2 for the 855 loader arm,, the seller sent 3, so I stuck the extra on the 650,,,

Now I got to figure out a layout scheme for the decals,,, any recommendations?? :dunno:

·
Registered
770 Posts
Hmmm,,, I kinda missed that somehow,,,

I went to search for the previous decal I purchased about a month ago,,, and eBay had removed the sellers items,,,

"We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Center to help resolve any problems you may encounter."

I got mine, the seller had a 99.9% rating,,, so I jumped to conclusions,,,

That decal was the leaping deer,,, the one on the side of the dash cowl,,,

Actually, I ordered 2 for the 855 loader arm,, the seller sent 3, so I stuck the extra on the 650,,,

Now I got to figure out a layout scheme for the decals,,, any recommendations?? :dunno:

There is a slew available on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=John+Deere+decals

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, progress,, no pics, sorry,,, I tore the mower apart except for removing the spindles from the deck.

Electrolysis to start tomorrow,,, I will need a bigger tank than usual,,,, :dunno:

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
OK, progress,, no pics, sorry,,, I tore the mower apart except for removing the spindles from the deck.

Electrolysis to start tomorrow,,, I will need a bigger tank than usual,,,, :dunno:
Can you post a pic of what you come up with? One of my projects that I want to get started on sooner rather than later is restoring my grandpa's old Cub. I want to use electrolysis rather than sand blasting on the sheet metal. I'd be anxious to see the results of "electrolysising" your deck.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you post a pic of what you come up with? One of my projects that I want to get started on sooner rather than later is restoring my grandpa's old Cub. I want to use electrolysis rather than sand blasting on the sheet metal. I'd be anxious to see the results of "electrolysising" your deck.
I have not started this morning as the temp is below 40 degrees F,,,, but,,,

I have used the process in the past,,,

The wheels on my Gravely were rusted,,, the tire was even rusted to the rim.

I used my custom wood splitter to break the bead,,

After the electrolysis,, the paint came off the rim when tapped on a block of wood,,

About 2 minutes with a wire brush was all that was necessary to get the rim ready for paint,,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts