Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased the John Deere shovel, part LP63767. The old part number was LP40000. The new kit no longer includes the Control Panel which mounted just above the steering wheel and was labeled "40-inch Tractor Shovel". Now they just send a toggle button and you are supposed to mount it in the dash to the lower right under the ignition key. The problem is on the x590 if you mount it there you cover up all of the labels for Parking Brake, PTO, Cruise.

Can anyone recommend the best place to mount this switch?

·
Premium Member
16,043 Posts
Recently purchased the John Deere shovel, part LP63767. The old part number was LP40000. The new kit no longer includes the Control Panel which mounted just above the steering wheel and was labeled "40-inch Tractor Shovel". Now they just send a toggle button and you are supposed to mount it in the dash to the lower right under the ignition key. The problem is on the x590 if you mount it there you cover up all of the labels for Parking Brake, PTO, Cruise.

Doesn't sound like a major problem. Do you really need those labels to tell you which switch is the parking brake, PTO and Cruise?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doesn't sound like a major problem. Do you really need those labels to tell you which switch is the parking brake, PTO and Cruise?
No argument there, I just didn't want to install it and later find out that John Deere had a more optimal location for it. Was hoping to solicit some feedback from other X500 owners who have installed the shovel. e.g. "I own an x590 and I installed it here, and I wish I installed it here instead....."

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can you give a mini-review of this 40-inch shovel....how do you like it? how has it held up? how well can you grade or smooth, or carry gravel, etc?

I am considering getting this 40-inch shovel for my JD X350, and would love to have someone give some real world experience with it.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Can you mount it on the left side where the mulch switch mounts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone have any suggestions where I can get some small excavation teeth for this power shovel? Mine just arrived, so perhaps I won't need them initially. But I suspect if I want to more easily remove the top layer of grass/sod, having the teeth would be helpful.

·
Registered
12 Posts

How do you like the shovel? I'm thinking about purchasing one to move about 8 or 10 yards of topsoil.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Anyone have any suggestions where I can get some small excavation teeth for this power shovel? Mine just arrived, so perhaps I won't need them initially. But I suspect if I want to more easily remove the top layer of grass/sod, having the teeth would be helpful.
You can contact Everything Attachments, they make Wicked Toothbars to your measurements. Individual teeth to make your own toothbar can be purchased on Amazon, EBay and any equipment dealer probably has them too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts